best semiauto for waterfowl?

1FastGambler

Thinking about getting a new shotgun for waterfowl. Looking for one that will cycle good with both 3" and 3-1/2". I don't shoot 3-1/2" unless I'm targeting high flying geese in the late season.

If you have one you like let's hear what you like about it and why.

No question Beretta and Benelli are tops. the Bennelli is probably the best in my opinion but the Beretta does have less recoil if that's important to you.

Franci I12. Same gun as the benelli but half the price.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I own a Benelli and love it. But have heard good things on the Beretta and Xtrema as well.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I have and shoot both. The SBE is great and it goes bang everytime. I purchased the Extrema2 last season hoping the recoil would be less. The Extrema2 is the softest recoiling 3 1/2 ?gun I have fired. The SBE has been the most reliable shotgun I have owned. I have fired countless waterfowl loads through it and it keeps running. So in my opinion it boils down to recoil. The Extrema2 will not beat you up.

No doubt the SBE with 3-1/2s will beat the chit out of you.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I love my SBEII. Fast, reliable and far less recoil than the 870 I shot for years. This season I have hit more dove on the second shot than any season before. I would highly recommend it. The new Super Vinci looks pretty awesome too, and promises even less recoil. I have shot the inertia driven Stoeger as well, and it's just not the same. Spend the money and get a benelli.

I have Benelli and Browning among a few others.

Benelli is my go-to gun. If I could keep only one shotgun this would be the one.

1100 and 1187 both are great guns, I use a 303 Beretta 12 ga for pheasant and just love it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I love the SBE II and the Extrema, although the Extrema does not fit me as well. That being said, I bought an SX3 last year that I really love! The camo one retails for around $1,500 but I have seen both Sportsmans and Cabelas have them on sale for $899 recently. They may or may not be an equivilent gun the the others mentioned above, but for $500 or so cheaper, I would say they are one heck of a gun!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-11 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]Surprised not very many have mentioned my favorite one yet.

Best I have ever shot, the Winchester X2 and now the SX3. Nothing is faster and more reliable than them IMHO. I have used benelli an berreta as well and they are both fine guns, but I like the winchester better. Haven't yet had a chance with the newer brownings, but I will try them out.

Winchester Super x2. Just the right amount of weight to swing properly and absorb recoil. I have tried the benellis but now have 2 SX2's. They go boom, boom, boom!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom