BEST SIGHT TO BUY

388Net

Hey Guys,

I am going to buy a new sight for my bow and was wondering what you guys would recommend. I shoot a Hoyt Alpha Max. I want a sight that really lights up for low light shooting conditions, as my eyes are not getting any younger.. Thanks in advance for any suggestions... Also I dont care what the cost is I want the best...

There are a lot of quality sights out there these days. A few have already been mentioned. I've tried most brands and many still sit on my bow shelf or older bows........but for the past few years my hunting bow has a Black Gold sight. Bright, photo-chromatic fiber optic lens cover, built tough, and absolutely the BEST warranty on the market. If anything breaks, even if it's your fault, they'll replace it free of charge. They will also custom build your own sight (multiple pins) in the color arrangement and size you want.

Might want to look into them as well. Hope it helps and have fun.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Thanks Guys, I want a sight with atleast seven pins. I appreciate your comments and will look into what you guys mentioned... Thanks

I've tried a lot of sights over the years and can say that the spott hogg with the wrap is the best I have found. They have a seven pin model too. Cables carries them. The seven pin comes with the wrap as well.

i have the Spott Hog Seven Deadly pins with a wrap on it... it works great in low light... i would definitely recommend them

The other nice thing about the Hogg sight wrap is that you can buy their detachable light that just screws into the wrap if you ever hunt at night. I used the light this year in Texas for a Hog hunt and it was just plain awesome. When everyone else was struggling to see their pins, mine were shining bright.

+++ on the Blackgold Flashpoint, 5 pin or 7 pin. There is no brighter sight for low light conditions and the photochromatic cell adjusts to the light available to give constant and consistant pin brightness. You can see the pins when it is to dark to shoot.. That is how much light that is gathered into the photocromatic cell and transfers out to the pins. Try one and you will never want or need to purchase another sight.

Great sight for dark timber hunting/ no plastic components and a life time warranty, made in USA.

))))........>

another +1 for Black Gold.

I picked up the Ascent last year and added a 4th pin from the standard 3. The site it bombproof and really gathers in the light. Both elk I shot last year (bull and cow tag for the same area) were within 15-20 minutes of no more shooting light after the sun had set behind the mountain and both times I felt comfortable thanks to my pins lighting up nice and bright.

If the 7 pin models are anything like the Ascent, you'll be stoked.

Never once have I felt like I compromised on quality or strength with the Black Gold, not to mention they were so easy to work with (and friendly) when I ordered it.

MONTANA BLACK GOLD. I PERSONALLY SHOOT THE FIVE PIN ASCENT AND LOVE IT. I HAVE PINS OUT TO SIXTY AND FROM THERE MY BOTTOM PIN ADJUST OUT TO 100 PLUS YARDS, THE BEST BRIGHTNESS AND MOST DURABLE SIGHT OUT THERE AND I LOVE THE PRICE COMPARED TO THE OTHER ONES MENTIONED. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH BLACK GOLD.

i would have to say the accel armour hd 7 pin, bright, easy to adjust and indestuctable. when i went to buy the sight i wanted a seven deadly pin but know guy who have had to change fibers in them and im hard on equipment so i looked at this sight with all metal design and fibers completly portected and said this is the sight for me

moseley middleton

I have no experiance with other sights and very little experiance with my Spot Hogg but wanted to let you know what I've found out. I have the "Cameron Haines" Seven Deadly Pins model without the wrap. It really needed a wrap so on Tuesday I ordered one except I decided to go 5 pins instead of 7. WHY??

Although it's a ball to stand out there at 70 yards and drop 12 arrows into a paper plate, I question how ethical with my shooting skills (or lack of :)) it would be for me to shoot at game much past 40 yards especially when you add in the buck fever factor. And 5 pins will still get me out to 60 yards.

Plus...Seven pins is just too confusing for ME to make a fast shot by the time I have to count pins up from the bottom or down from the top. But again thats just me.

I also ordered custom sizes and colors of pins to help with my old eyes and speed up my aiming process. My eyes don't like the red and its tough for me to see the red fiberoptic in low light so I didn't go with any red pins. My eyes see the green best and yellow next best. I also decided to go with only one yellow and put it on my middle pin which will be my 40 yd pin and I think this will really make it much faster for me to make a quicker shot.

Here is what I ordered on the wrap kit.

1st pin (20yds) .029 Green
2nd pin (30yds) .029 Green
3rd pin (40yds) .029 Yellow
4th pin (50yds) .019 Green
5th pin (60yds) .019 Green

And as far as the light... Spot Hogg, like most sights does have a reostat sight light as an option. I ordered a light too. The thing I think I'll like about the Spot Hoggs light is it screws right into the wrap housing which puts the LED bulb only fractions of an inch from the fiber optic.

I also love the ease of the windage and elevation adjustment on the Spot Hogg and I believe it even has a lifetime warranty.

Good luck in your decision.

I'm on their staff & also a dealer for them but even if I wasnt I'd have a Black Gold sight on my bow..Best warranty around and the pins are super bright on them. Plus with the Ascent model it's extremely versatile. I'm shooting a 5 pin Vengeance head on my Ascent, I can shoot out to 60yds without moving anything and then dial it out and shoot the bottom pin to way over 100yds..Heck on my PSE Omen Pro I think I can get about 160yds before the sight head is to low & my vanes hit it.

Black Gold Bowsights Staff, John's Customs ProStaff
Owner FatBoyzArchery & dealer for= Black Gold sights, TrophyTaker, Doinker, Harvest Time Archery, Tight Spot Quivers and alot of other stuff.

patientlywaiting, did you order that set up direct from the company or a dealer?
thanks

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin

No but I talked to the Spot Hogg people a number of times while deciding which way to go but they have to sell straight retail so they protect their dealers. The people at Spot Hogg were great in helping me decide so call or email (I did both)them if you have questions before you place the order. I think straight retail was $120 for the 7 pin wrap.

I got it from www.BowhuntersSupplyStore.com which I found just thru Google. They don't show the Wrap kits on their website so just email or call them to order. But their prices were 5 Pin for $78.99, 7 Pin for $96.99. and another $10 if you go with custom colors or sizes.

The reostat sight light was only $ 12.88 then I got 10% off the entire order. because ....I ordered some Muzzys from them two weeks ago and since the MUzzy's were my first order they gave me a code for 10% off my next order which I used on the Wrap kit and light.

The wrap will drop ship straight from SPOT Hogg in 2-3 weeks.

AND ...They ship anywhere in the US for .99 cents.

+ 1 on the Montana Black Gold.
Tough, Reliable, Problem Free.
I love this sight. I thought my last one was good, but not after having the Black Gold.

Thanks!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom