BEST TRAIL CAMERA AND WHY?

OwnMoreBone

I am looking to buy a couple new Trail Camera's and I am wondering if anyone on Monster Muleys can tell what cameras you like best and why, pro's and con's?
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

The Best one I ever seen had a 600 grain Slug Entrance & Exit Hole through it!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

ScoutGuard. Small, lite,only takes AA batteries that last forever taking pics or video, and have had 4 Tcams that have never had a problem with. Get the lock box and python lock.

Some Tcams may cost less than the $200 Scoutguard, but you may spend more money on batteries or have other issues with them. Check out "Chasingame" website for Tcam reviews on just about all makes and models of Tcams. Good luck and have fun.

The one that is still on the tree when you go back to it!
500 dollar camera ain't worth crap if it gets poached.

I have a handful of Moultrie D-50's. I think they take good pictures(Day and Night) and I got them on Amazon for 60 a piece brand new. The downfall is they are pretty big and take 6 D batteries but the batteries last a long time. If someone steals one your not out a couple hundred bucks. I have also dropped in a canyon to set one up and by the time I got out of there I said there is no way in HELL I am going back in that canyon to get that 60 dollar camera!! But I always do!!

I first started out with Moultrie. I liked them but kinda of big. I have started using Bushnells last year and have liked them. They use AA batteries and last all year. You can choise between video with sound or pictures. But like anything you have to get used to the programing on them. Each brand is different, after learning my Bushnell not having any problem with them.
Its nice to hear what people think when they find your camera with the sound on. You can also have them go off whenever you want at dusk or dawn to check a food plot or field. They can take up to a 32 gb card . I also use lock boxes to keep them some what safe. They are small and hide well in trees and are easy to pack.
There's my 2 cents

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 10:36AM (MST)[p]The Stealth Cam Delta 8 (Cabelas) takes 10,000 pics with 8 AA batteries, is small, has video with sound, 50' IR, and really good quality. Plus it is only $139.

I have three and they are great.

Here are some day and night pics to show quality.

Grizzly

4219tc1_083011_1316_blade.jpg

9499sunp0048_-_copy.jpg

The Reconyx is the best quality trail camera, hands down . But after I had one stolen from me last year and $450.00 gone, I will no longer buy Reconyx . I've got 34 cameras, a few Reconyx still, Several Bushnell trophy cam's , 2 Moultries, and 4 newer Stealthcam deltas . IMO, even the Bushnell seems reliable than the Reconyx, never had a single problem w/ them , even in extreme cold/hot weather . The Stealthcam sucks when it's cold . This past January I placed 8 brand-new lithium batteries in the cameras. In 2 weeks the were dead ... Moultries too bulky and don't last long, get white out pics periodically. So I'm strictly a Bushnell Trophy Cam fan . If you only buy a few then buy Energizer lithiums, your camera will last all year . If you buy several as I have, purchase AA ANSMANN 2850 MAH rechargeable . They'll save you a ton of money and they're rechargeable up to 1000 times and they last forever .

check out tailcampro.com they have great reviews and prices.Great place to buy from.I have been using the moultrie M-80 lately and like them.You have to aim alittle lower as they seem to take pics higher than camera is pointing.the bushnell is ok but the new ones aren't as good as the 2009 models.

I've got bushnells and primos'. I like the primos cameras way better. Way user friendly. They are larger than the small bushnells, but take way better pics in my opinion

i like my moultree. awseome pictures and video. only cost 100 bucks. i have had it set up since october and have never had to change batteries yet and still has 47% battery life left on it right now. cant beat that for battery life.

Grizzly,
Those pictures are very good quality, I think you have convinced me to buy the Stealth Cam. I had Cuddeback IR 5.0 and I just wasn't happy with them. Thanks again for the information and the pic's.
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

another reason why i like moultree. this big ol golden eagle barley came into the picture frame of the camara and took a picture that fast and clear. not bad for a bird flapping wings.

070.jpg

080.jpg

087.jpg

148.jpg

nfh, what kind of Moultries are you using ? I've never seen or came across a Moultrie camera that's got that kind of battery life . I've got 3 Moultrie 55 flash left , the night pictures are awesome . But battery life sucks, and very slow recovery time . The 2009 Bushnells night pictures were better than there current model . why? IDK . I may try the Moultrie M100 , they have great trigger speed, recovery time and excellent night pictures . But again according to reviews, battery life sucks. I'm also going to try the Scoutguard 565 flash , it's suppose to have great battery life excellent battery life, trigger speed and recovery time . Bushnell needs to improve night pics . I still get great night pics, but have to have them set up closer to the water hole . I get about 80% of my pics at night, hence night time pic quality is a must for me .

its the moulitree 6.0 outfitter IR scouting camara.......

i bought it from cabelas when it was on sale for 100 bucks. and cabelas had free shipping so it was heck of a deal. i have delt with moulitree in the past and wasnt impressed. but it seems they got there ducks in the row now.

here is what my night time pictures look like. i would rate them as fair, enough for me to be happy with them

i still cant get over my bettery life i get about 150-400 pictures a week.

209.jpg

007.jpg

051.jpg

and here is a turkey at close range. one of my favorite pictures.

bird.jpg

I like the Moultrie cameras as well. I've been using the M-100.

81391.jpg

69022.jpg

84753.jpg

144.jpg

I had to do some work to the last two pictures in photoshop as I didn't place the camera in a good spot for daylight pictures. This camera had over 1,300 pics and was out there for three weeks with no battery issues at all.

I like the cheap moultrie cams you catch for $50 at Cabelas/BPS. They take good pics and if one goes missing it doesnt break the bank to replace.

I agree with the Bushnell. I've had mine since 2009 and no problems. Lots of battery life and works good in hot and cold extremes.

>I first started out with Moultrie.
>I liked them but kinda
>of big. I have started
>using Bushnells last year and
>have liked them. They use
>AA batteries and last all
>year. You can choise between
>video with sound or pictures.
>But like anything you have
>to get used to the
>programing on them. Each brand
>is different, after learning my
>Bushnell not having any problem
>with them.
>Its nice to hear what people
>think when they find your
>camera with the sound on.
>You can also have them
>go off whenever you want
>at dusk or dawn to
>check a food plot or
>field. They can take up
>to a 32 gb card
>. I also use lock
>boxes to keep them some
>what safe. They are small
>and hide well in trees
>and are easy to pack.
>
>There's my 2 cents

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-12 AT 09:54AM (MST)[p]I run about 25 cams from August till January. I have tried, cuddeback, primos, bushnell and moultrie. I would like to find a camera that has the battery life of Bushnell TC and the night time picture quality of the Moultrie M80. Another cam that has good battery life is the Moultrie I40. I have a bunch of these that will go a long time on a set of batteries. The problem with these cams is that you will get a bunch of pictures of nothing and the LCD screens will quit on some of them. I need to buy some new cams this summer to replace a couple of the I40s that are now on their second LCD screen but Im not sure what to buy just yet.
If you are only running a couple cams then I would say I would buy the Moultrie M80. If you want to run a bunch of cams then battery cost is going to be a concern so I would go with the Bushnell TC.

Well I went to Cabela's and bought a couple of the New Stealth Cam Delta 8 No Glo, I will let you know what I think after playing with them for awhile.
Thanks for all of the information.
OMB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom