Best Upland O/U under $1500

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
I have a Franchi Rennasiance (12 ga 3 inch) and really like the way it handles and looks. But the safety and barrel selector has given me a bit of trouble so I really would not reccomend it to a friend who is looking for a light weight O/U under $1500.

Any suggestions????

Just about any shotgun manufacturer selling in this country has an O/U in the price range.

I have a Winchester, a Browning and a Stoeger import, that all are under $1500.

Check out the gun auction sites for the going rates.

I prefer my Browning in every category, but the fear of scratching it, keeps me from taking it a lot of places.

I have a Savage that I use for rough country, but I fall down a lot. It cost $500 and I don't fear damaging it too much.

I actually had two Citoris, One 3 inch and One 3 1/2 inch which is a goose killin machine. great for blind shooting. But they are both heavy. Traded in the 3 inch and some dough for the Franchi. All my gun have a few scratches on them Try and be careful but I bought them for hunting and if they get a little character so be it.

I am looking for a light fast action shooter with a nice line. Love the way my Franchi handles and looks but the safety-barrel selector mechanisim is faulty and has to be babied a bit.

Here is a picture of it.

449close-1.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/245222_(9).jpg

Most folks think I'm crazy and I probably am, but I love my Yildiz that I bought for a whopping $400 brand new.

I've shot a Browning Citori and I must not be very good because I can't tell much of a difference.

They are imported directly from Turkey by Academy Outdoors and I think they have the exclusive contract to sell them in the U.S.

Obviously I'm not a snob when it comes to dogs either, my rotweiler does a great job as a retriver!

dove_limit_10_19_08.jpg

I've had the gun for 4 years now without a hiccup. I know several others with them and they haven't had any problems either.

Here's another picture of it.

2quail_11_15_08.jpg

It weighs in under 6 1/2 pounds and carries well for me quail hunting and pheasant hunting as well. It comes with 5 different chokes from IC to Full.

I have the SPZ ME, but they have much fancier ones if you are into that.

Here's the manufacturers website - http://www.yildizshotgun.com/spzeng.html

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-10 AT 09:31AM (MST)[p]White Onyx from Beretta! If I am not hunting Muley's I am hunting upland birds. Smooth single trigger with barrel selector on safety. 3" 12ga 28" Barrel. Maybe just over your $1500 tag but should be able to find 1 around there.

GOD BLESS THE USA

I second the White Onyx. I have shot thousands of rounds through mine and have not had a single issue.

Nemont

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty cool. And wow can't beat the price. I am going to try and see a few in person and finding out where I can do that.

Berrta O/U are pretty classic. I will check out the Oynx....

Thansk for the info guys...can't wait to shoot some Roosters...

Hard to beat the Beretta or the Citori. I have a couple Sig's which are built by Rizzini, they're every bit as good of gun too.

I own a SKB 885, Beretta, a Citori, and a Weatherby Orion. I much prefer the Weatherby I guess it's all about what you feel comfortable with. I have owned it 32 years finally mushroomed out the firing pins and had to have them redone. I probably should sell the others they very seldom get used.

The other Citori I traded in was the "Lightining" (3 in) I found it to be sort of heavy. Where I hunt Phesants not uncommon to be busting brush for 10 hours a day so a heavier gun feels heavy at the end of a long day. Plus like the mountability and quick feel of a light gun. The one I saved the "Hunter' (3 1/2) is even heavier but swings well from a goose blind and weight is not an issue and the reliability of the gun and that 3 1/2 artillary deadly.

Checked out the Yidlz...but they are only sold I think at Academy Sports in the South....my buddy works out of Houston an is going to check them out.... Went to the site and hand engraving...cut checkering...O/U's mechanisim is not too complicated...so a thogught for sure. Might get a 20 ga for a fun gun or to get that last bird on a quick limit day.

Cornhusker...with your tag my guess is you have pounded a few roosters and tagged a quail or two...so will look into the Orion

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom