BEST Utah Desert Sheep Unit???

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
OK, I need to see what everyone's opinion is on the VERY BEST unit in the state of Utah for Desert Sheep?

My uncle has been acquiring points for Desert Sheep since it all began and I believe that he has 16 or 17 points..what ever the Maximum is that you can have. He has been a Non-resident this entire time and most of the units for Non-Res have only 1 tag, so the Bonus points have NO effect.

Well, now he has moved back to Utah and will be a Resident with ALL those points to use. He is only lacking the Desert to complete his grand slam of sheep. We think he should be able to draw almost any of the units this year from looking at the Draw Odds site, but now we just need to know the BEST one??

Suggestions please?????

#2 for Virgin river

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I hear from DWR that they may be opening a new never hunted Desert Sheep Unit this next year. Right now, this is only a possibility but it would be adjacent to Zion National Park. Apparently a transplant from years ago has turned out to be succesful. Stay tuned...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-09 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]FLEH, Would this be Uncle Kim???? Is he the Uncle that had the Fishlake Muzzy Elk Tag 8 or 9 Years ago??? Virgin River for sure!!! I don't know about a new unit...

Later, L.T.

Go for the new unit if there are 2 tags offered.

If there is only 1 tag offered----watch---some one with 2 pts will draw it!

Robb

LT....yes that would be uncle Kim that had the FL Muzzy then, and also had a Monroe Muzzy last year that he drew with 1 point!!!! Yes he is a LUCKY SOB!!! But now he has 17 Sheep points....we just need the BEST place to find a great ram. We can hike and hunt in ANY area. We just need to place with the best potential.

Thanks for all the info guys....I am quite sure he has the points to draw it. Now we just have to decide.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom