Best water purifier

K

knoxville471

Anyone have suggestions on a water purifier thats not alot of money but will do the job in the high country

I like to use the iodine packets. They are a lot lighter and if you don't like the taste you can pack crystal light packets lighter than the water pump. Faster too.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

+1 Bowhunt. Don't skimp here. It could stick with you for a long time. Somethings you need to spend the $$ on. You can get clear water out of muddy water or a cattle trough if you have to.

HK

+1 For the Hiker Pro....It has never failed me..I still have mine from back when it was made by PUR...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I purchased a MSR Expedition last spring for a 7 day 50 mile hike on the Boulder Mountains last year. I was not disappointed! I like the MSR because it has a ceramic element and can pump virtually twice as much water as any other pump before it needs to be replaced. It was also a snap to clean in the field! Two thumbs up for this pump. Oh and I didn't mention that a wide mouth nalgene bottle connects directly to it so you don't have to fumble around with multiple hoses.

http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water...dition-water-treatment-and-hydration/category

PUR makes packets that purify 2.5 gallons at a time. They are supposedly as effective as a multi-million dollar purification plant. Because of the demand in disaster areas, the price is up to about $1.50 a packet. They are light to carry and there is no pumping involved. Do a search on youtube for video demonstrations. It is amazing.

It really depends on how you think your water source is going to be if you are filtering out of creeks or streams the katadyn hiker pro.If you are filtering out of wallows and mud tanks i would go with a ceramic filter from katadyn mor expensive but well worth the money if your are filtering out elk piss tanks!LOL

"Hunting" Its Not A Hobby Its A Way Of
Life

What about the "magic wand" looking devices I saw at REI. They are battery operated and you "stir" the stick and it kills 99.9% of something. I haven't reshearched them but I assume someone has.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom