BEST WINDOW MOUNT?

S

ShowThemToMe

I'm looking in to a New Window mount?

Not a CHEAP one!

Doesn't have to be the most Expensive either!

Something that works well,doesn't fall apart in 6 months,grips the window good with smooth adjustments!

Thoughts/Experiences?

Thanks!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I have a Leupold that is old. It doesn't have a handle that sticks out in your face and it is small. I haven't seen one for same in years. Ron

i've got the one Cabelas sells, it's kinda square shaped on the part that clamps to the window, can't remember what they call it right now. I've had it for 15+ years, no problems with it, great mount for not much money.

Heck i can even clamp it to the brake handle on my wheeler, that way when i'm in the back country away from the roads i don't have to use a tripod!!!

Get the NIKON one from that camera sponser here on MM, he has a good one.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Get the quick disconnect plate from Manfrotto (200PL-14) then add the window mount and the pan head. Get an extra plate for the 15X bino's as well.

I think you would he happy with, and in no particular order.

- what wapiti bob said
- swarovski
- vortex...just ok
- leupold
- nikon

Get one that will double as a gun rest so when you see that quality buck or bull while driving you can just lean out the window and let er rip!

It's always an adventure!!!

Easy Bull!

I don't want it to Road Hunt with!

I want it to look Cool!:D

Dont be an idiot like me and buy the swarovski, it's JUNK!!!
Get the nikon, vortex, bushnell.....etc. you will be happy.

I have and am using the Nikon. I wouldn't say it is the best window mount ? I have been watching this thread hoping to find out which is the best. The Vangaurd looks ok but I havent used one . Anyone have any time with one ? My Vortex Razor is just to heavy for the Nikon window mount. I would almost rather get out of my truck and sent up my tripod instead of using my current window mount.

>Dont be an idiot like me
>and buy the swarovski, it's
>JUNK!!!
>Get the nikon, vortex, bushnell.....etc. you
>will be happy.

Why dont you like it?

REDDOG told me the SWARO was the best mount?

WTH?

I bought one at a camera store. It is now in a snow drift some where in the Salt River Range. Don't get one of those.

I have a Vanguard like this one...it works good.

77301.jpg

I had the cabelas one for 20 years and it worked great till it finally wore out so I swiped the clamp from the bottom and found it to be threaded with the same thread as the Manfrotto 128 head I had for my tripods so I attach it to the clamp when looking from the truck and separate it for my tripod for walks, best smoothest mount I have ever used.

I saw the same head in the classified at a good price yesterday but it may be gone.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

There is no stability. The rubber already fell out of it and I like a handle.
Remember the old bushnell and Vortex mounts??
They were and are the best IMO.
New stuff is just cheap.
I have the new Vortex window mount and it too is junk.
When you guys find a good one PLEASE let me know.
Heavy into the trappin and fox and coyote huntin right now and this swaro mount is killin me,

booner.

A swaro mount isnt gonna help your bushnell spotter Bess.
Just step out of the truck and set up your tripod. ;)

Don't make fun of my Bushnell Spotter!

How many times you dumped your Swaro Spotters at 40 MPH?

Hey Bessy not a good idea.....driving around showing off your high dollar spotter(bushnell) hanging on your window. You will end up like my buddy,driving into camp with a busted window. haha

hey not a good idea'''' driving around showing off your high dollar spotter hanging on your window, you do that in the city 9-11 will get you free room and board...

I use the old style Bushnell and it is STILL the most stable one of all.

The Vanguards with the quick disconnect are not even stable on the tripod and the thing won't stay tight.

I gave a Vanguard tripod and window mount combo away last week, just so it wouldn't be around to piss me off any longer.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom