Better Unit

Run’nGun

For you more well rounded colorado individuals. If you had to choose either unit 70, the 52,411,521, 79, 76, or 161 unit for a 3rd season mule deer. Which would you choose and why.

Last edited:
I’d go where ever you can spend more time. If that’s not an option pick a spot and go. Lots of resources to find out about any of those units.

I’d go where ever you can spend more time. If that’s not an option pick a spot and go. Lots of resources to find out about any of those units.
What it’s about looking like flip a coin and rock it. I already x’d out 161 and 76 but figure someone may have some other knowledge than what I’ve reasearched and spoke to people about.

Most people including myself are a bit apprehensive of giving out to much info. If you spend a little more time here, you will get a little more traction. If it were me I’d pick a unit and go for it. All those units have deer and public land.

Most people including myself are a bit apprehensive of giving out to much info. If you spend a little more time here, you will get a little more traction. If it were me I’d pick a unit and go for it. All those units have deer and public land.
Kind of what I figured. I figured I’d get minimal response but you never know figured I’d ask anyhow. At the end of the day it boils down to drive and the time you’re going to put into it like anything. Appreciate the response!

What it’s about looking like flip a coin and rock it. I already x’d out 161 and 76 but figure someone may have some other knowledge than what I’ve reasearched and spoke to people about.
If you don't mind me asking why did you X out 161 and 76. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you looking for units.

It seems the op has rode off into the sunset.
Wut? This never happens…. Except for every year. Just need to make an easy button copy and paste that goes like: hello peasant citizens of blank state. Please tell me the choicest locals to hunt blank. Also specify drainages and roads maybe on-X pins. I’m sure this open forum will have no negative effects on you hunting there in the future. (Then engage till you have the info… then clam up real quick)

All the units you mention can produce a good buck. Really depends on what kind of hunt you’re looking to get out of it.

yes sir i'm doing my research i've got it narrowed down to three units for 3rd rifle
But don’t you have 0 points? Colorado is a preference point state. No bonus tags. That means if stats say it takes 2 points and you have zero, you have zero chance of drawing. Generally if a unit takes 0 points to draw 3rd season there is a reason. Unit 20 for example: land that is not in the park is mostly private land. For some other units it might be that by 3rd, most deer are on private.

If I bow hunted a unit, and saw some deer, I would be going back there with a bow or muzzleloader.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom