BGF Goes to Court

When the state is providing the funding, we have a right to know who is getting the money.

Trying to shield the evidence by saying "we hired someone else to do the work BGF was hired to perform, and we don't have to tell you who" shows a clear attempt to be evasive. This group has never been transparent, and the courts need to make sure they document where the public funds went.
Bill

When the state is providing the funding, we have a right to know who is getting the money.

Trying to shield the evidence by saying "we hired someone else to do the work BGF was hired to perform, and we don't have to tell you who" shows a clear attempt to be evasive. This group has never been transparent, and the courts need to make sure they document where the public funds went.
Bill

At some point that money became private again. You don't have a "right" to print people's names in a story just because somewhere down the river they touched a dollar bill which at some point went through the state's hands. Especially when no crime has been committed. This is called doxing. Its how slimy poofs manipulate people by what they think is manufactured shame.

I have taken state jobs before. When I went and bought materials for those jobs or subcontracted the tanning no journalist had a right to print a cashier's name who sold me material.

Its intimidation. It tells people if you are going to do work for this group we are going to publish your personal information.

If you want your money spent elsewhere go tell the UDWR you can do the same job either better or cheaper. Don't get some nutless wonder to name people publicly to hope you can shame them from doing business.

We should start taking a poll on who the 9 people are that received the funds. It would be like predicting who is going to win hunts at the annual event. I'm guessing those 9 names will be known folks in the circle.

Rich

Why the quiet responce to this from Utah guys? Just asking. mtmuley
Admission of defeat?

They're all going to vote next year for the same people that have been doing this anyway. If they're going to keep voting for them, why get all upset about it?

I doubt more than a handful of Utahn's here have contacted their state legislators about BGF/SFW. I had an actual sit-down meeting with mine and they want to start a Legislative Review but don't yet have the backing of the Party. One actually slammed his hands on the table and said, "This is bullshit!" but couldn't get the Republican leaders to support an audit so nothing has changed.

I hope the dam is broke and all of this BS comes out. Utahans haven’t been quiet about it. These threads and the arguments that come out are examples.
Help give the names of who needs to be voted out and let’s start calling a spade a spade.
Utah’s hunters and general public deserve to know where the money is going.
Because right now, BGF hasn’t done shizz in my eyes and has received a butload of money.

Give up the 9 names and then let us judge Tristate. It is public money. Just because you hand it to a relative once, doesn't alleviate the fact that its public money.

Rich

Yeah thats how it works. Everybody's money is public and you need to judge each of them.

Let me guess. This is social justice, right?

Has nothing to do with that. It has to do with spending a public resource and how and where it goes. Plain and simple.

Why the quiet responce to this from Utah guys? Just asking. mtmuley
Most Utah guys know nothing will become of it. Money is padding the pockets of too many people. First step is take away the expo tags, give them back to the public. That'll never happen though.

I don’t think the contractors names are as important as the government showing proof of the work, as well as justification of spendings. If there is something found in the auditing that shows bullshit was pulled, then all people who gave or took money are up for public scrutiny and their identities have to be released. Utah seems to have a very interesting fish and wildlife.

I think it’s a given that the CEOs are taking way more than their fair share of the money. Why else would they be fighting it is court to hide how they spent the money?? Their reasons for not telling are BS.

Bottom line is that any money the government spends needs to be transparent: period! It was a grey area on the tag money issue, but in this case it is tax money going to them for a specific purpose. And we should have access to info to be sure our money is spent wisely

I really don’t know how anyone can support this organization. They should bend over backwards to show where the money is going if they were legit

This isn't about fighting in court to hide spending. The government and journalist settled that. They are fighting about allowing a journalist publish people's names that provide goods and services to the group.

If government is giving you money and you take it your name is should be public record. What are you scared of? Arguing with tri-boner is almost like arguing with my 9 year old. I say almost because my 9 year makes a much better argument.

They aren't arguing whether his name is public record. They are arguing the people he does business with are public record.

What do you want to bet one of those names rhymes with Seay?

And yes Grizz, I do have a request for answer with my rep.

no answer yet

At some point that money became private again. You don't have a "right" to print people's names in a story just because somewhere down the river they touched a dollar bill which at some point went through the state's hands. Especially when no crime has been committed. This is called doxing. Its how slimy poofs manipulate people by what they think is manufactured shame.

I have taken state jobs before. When I went and bought materials for those jobs or subcontracted the tanning no journalist had a right to print a cashier's name who sold me material.

Its intimidation. It tells people if you are going to do work for this group we are going to publish your personal information.

If you want your money spent elsewhere go tell the UDWR you can do the same job either better or cheaper. Don't get some nutless wonder to name people publicly to hope you can shame them from doing business.
Doxing? I think the word would more adequately be transparency. Intimidation should be replaced with accountability. I guess as long as a dollar down stream passes through the laundry or a shell company or two its of no interest. AOC and the refugee turned anti American lawmaker from MN agree with you whole heartedly.

Anyone who can't handle that level of scrutiny should stick to the private sector and back away from the hog trough.

"Shell company"???? "Laundry"??????

You are using words to imply Federal Felonies. Yet the FBI and DOJ can't seem to find any problem. What do you think that these orgs can pay them off too????? But then what money would be left over for them. But posting people's personal information that did business with them? You actually think that's justice and accountability???????

Hey 1911, why don't you go slap some cuffs on these guys? You know, time for some "accountability", Johnny Law style.

The truth is. IT'S NOT VERY MUCH MONEY. It's not enough to pay off judges, politicians, and the DOJ and still think you are going to get rich. It isn't. Like I said before, if you think it's worth tons of money then get in line. Put in bid and tell the UDWR you can do it better and cheaper. That's how you beat them. You out compete them. Don't just cry about whatever made up conspiracy you want to make up. That ain't leadership.

"Anyone who can't handle that level of scrutiny should stick to the private sector and back away from the hog trough."

So what keeps you at the trough?

This will be very interesting, indeed. I'm guessing they care far less about losing those on their payroll to other companies than they care about exposing who is actually on their payroll.

I actually hope the names get released and this is a giant nothingburger. Wouldn't that be a welcome change? It would go to restoring some confidence in the system.

"I actually hope the names get released and this is a giant nothingburger. Wouldn't that be a welcome change?"

Actually that would be like every political hunting thread ever posted here.

Well. Instead of JUST bitching I started sending reps emails asking what there thoughts were. As well as the governor.

Mike Shulz. No reply

Karianne Lisonbee. No reply

Gov Herbert. No reply

Lt Gov Cox. No reply

Not that I’m surprised, they wrote the checks, but I thought I might get some PR spin at least

Nobody is going to even try to compete with BGF or SFW to provide these types of “services.” The reality is the state of Utah only wants to work with certain individuals and groups. Even if the state issues an RFP, it will be tailored so as to hand the contract to those specific groups. You saw that in the state’s legislative audit of BGF and in the state’s RFP for the Expo Tag Contract.

The argument that some unknown competitor will attempt to hire away BGF’s subcontractors is laughable. According to the prior legislative audit, the majority of the funds appropriated for wolf management funds in the early years were paid out as consulting fees to Ryan Benson, the founder of BGF. Do you think Mr. Benson is likely to leave BGF to work for a competitor? Hopefully, these documents will be made public so that we can all see how our tax money is being spent. If everything is on the up and up, then there is nothing to hide.

Hawkeye

Hey Hossy!

Did You Contact PEAYDAY?

Well. Instead of JUST bitching I started sending reps emails asking what there thoughts were. As well as the governor.

Mike Shulz. No reply

Karianne Lisonbee. No reply

Gov Herbert. No reply

Lt Gov Cox. No reply

Not that I’m surprised, they wrote the checks, but I thought I might get some PR spin at least

"Shell company"???? "Laundry"??????

You are using words to imply Federal Felonies. Yet the FBI and DOJ can't seem to find any problem. What do you think that these orgs can pay them off too????? But then what money would be left over for them. But posting people's personal information that did business with them? You actually think that's justice and accountability???????

Hey 1911, why don't you go slap some cuffs on these guys? You know, time for some "accountability", Johnny Law style.

The truth is. IT'S NOT VERY MUCH MONEY. It's not enough to pay off judges, politicians, and the DOJ and still think you are going to get rich. It isn't. Like I said before, if you think it's worth tons of money then get in line. Put in bid and tell the UDWR you can do it better and cheaper. That's how you beat them. You out compete them. Don't just cry about whatever made up conspiracy you want to make up. That ain't leadership.

"Anyone who can't handle that level of scrutiny should stick to the private sector and back away from the hog trough."

So what keeps you at the trough?

That just your assumption there Sport. I was just thickening your drama of how far removed from accountability these public now private again dollars are

I stay at the trough to get super rich. All cops do moron. Also another funny bit, all of my wages and earnings are public domain so you can see exactly what I make from the trough. If that amount annoys you then you can hit up the legislature and demand my pay reduced. It’s the way it is. The only caveat for you is since you aren’t a resident they wouldn’t give two squirts of piss what you had to say....kinda like your eloquent opinion musings around here.

Last edited:
"I actually hope the names get released and this is a giant nothingburger. Wouldn't that be a welcome change?"

Actually that would be like every political hunting thread ever posted here.
What is it you’re afraid of with these doxings then? You sure ramp up a lot of your prepubescent emotions over it.

I stay at the trough to get super rich. All cops do moron. Also another funny this bit, all of my wages and earnings are public domain so you can see exactly what I make from the trough. If that annoys you the. You can hit up the legislature and demand my pay reduced. It’s the way it is. The only caveat for you is since you aren’t a resident they wouldn’t give two squirts of piss what you had to say....kinda like your eloquent opinion musinnd here.
Don't get your panties in a twist because you chose to define yourself as sitting at the trough. I guess its only "bad" if you are making more than a cop and doing it. By the way, you haven't been paying attention. Therefore your self comparison is useless. It isn't just like if they want to post your name and salary . Its more like they want to post your wife's name and how much she paid for that new jeep in the news. Plus anyone else you have paid money to.

What is it you’re afraid of with these doxings then? You sure ramp up a lot of your prepubescent emotions over it.

My problem is they will do it to you.

If you think doxing is the way free, Christian, men deal with challenges or problems you are a fool. Doxing is ammunition in the weapon of extortionists and blackmailers. As a cop I would think you would know to stear clear of that behavior. Instead you embrace it.

Don't get your panties in a twist because you chose to define yourself as sitting at the trough. I guess its only "bad" if you are making more than a cop and doing it. By the way, you haven't been paying attention. Therefore your self comparison is useless. It isn't just like if they want to post your name and salary . Its more like they want to post your wife's name and how much she paid for that new jeep in the news. Plus anyone else you have paid money to.

Ummmm you inquired about my trough time. I just answered. Anyone exchanging goods and services with the government is and should be closely audited in these transactions. I don’t like having my information posted on the public domain as it has been for years with exact figures for compensation. I have a choice though. What I dislike more is public quid quo pro tucked out of public view.

Last edited:
You still are missing what is happening in the article. It isn't about posting the name of a person who received a government contract. Its about posting names of anyone they do business with.

You want to know how this ends up effecting you. Let's tell a little story. Police have a pretty serious PR problem in this country right now. Thats actually putting it lightly. Police are in a violent spit storm of epic proportions. They are being ambushed and shot. They are being beaten. THEY ARE GETTING CHARGED WITH MAJOR CRIMES FOR DOING THEIR JOB! Now let's imagine Mr Snotnose reporter decides he can sell stories if he starts posting the names of people who do business with you and your wife. Hey, why should he not? After all you are paying them with state money you received. All those BLM and Anqueefa protestors have a right to know how YOU spend THEIR money. Pretty soon jeeps get torched on the dealer lot where you bought your new car. The gun store your co-worker frequented gets looted and burned. They beat a man to death that delivered packages to your house. HOW LONG UNTIL YOUR FAMILY IS ISOLATED AND UNABLE TO BUY ANYTHING. The manager kicks your wife out of the grocery store. Your kids are attacked at school. You can't buy anything. Nobody ever wants to do business with any cops anymore because it hurts them too much.

You think this is exaggerating? 3 months ago I would have thought that. Now, I can tell you there is no end to what these animals would do to any one of us and our families who stand between them and what they want. They are desperate malicious animals. You need to be smart enough to see the bigger picture. You need to see that the tools you think are good for you to attack people with are the same tools that will be used on you.

You still are missing what is happening in the article. It isn't about posting the name of a person who received a government contract. Its about posting names of anyone they do business with.

You want to know how this ends up effecting you. Let's tell a little story. Police have a pretty serious PR problem in this country right now. Thats actually putting it lightly. Police are in a violent spit storm of epic proportions. They are being ambushed and shot. They are being beaten. THEY ARE GETTING CHARGED WITH MAJOR CRIMES FOR DOING THEIR JOB! Now let's imagine Mr Snotnose reporter decides he can sell stories if he starts posting the names of people who do business with you and your wife. Hey, why should he not? After all you are paying them with state money you received. All those BLM and Anqueefa protestors have a right to know how YOU spend THEIR money. Pretty soon jeeps get torched on the dealer lot where you bought your new car. The gun store your co-worker frequented gets looted and burned. They beat a man to death that delivered packages to your house. HOW LONG UNTIL YOUR FAMILY IS ISOLATED AND UNABLE TO BUY ANYTHING. The manager kicks your wife out of the grocery store. Your kids are attacked at school. You can't buy anything. Nobody ever wants to do business with any cops anymore because it hurts them too much.

You think this is exaggerating? 3 months ago I would have thought that. Now, I can tell you there is no end to what these animals would do to any one of us and our families who stand between them and what they want. They are desperate malicious animals. You need to be smart enough to see the bigger picture. You need to see that the tools you think are good for you to attack people with are the same tools that will be used on you.
I had no idea what was going on. Until now I’d never heard of this.

Sarcasm aside, I’m slightly more clever than you’re giving me credit for. Not much but a little.

Funny how this shows up today. Apparently other police understand the power of doxing if you don't.

The only problem is the cops still want to keep it as an us and them relationship. "It's okay to dox little people. Just don't dox the cops"

Funny how this shows up today. Apparently other police understand the power of doxing if you don't.

The only problem is the cops still want to keep it as an us and them relationship. "It's okay to dox little people. Just don't dox the cops"
That is such a coincidence isn’t it. Do you ever not impress yourself? Scratch that. I am flattered the attention to detail you know about me, my wife, my occupation, my vehicles. I practically consider you my number one fan. Would you consider donating to my patron account? If you do, you’ll receive more personal information quicker than non patreons.

Last edited:
"This country was founded on distrust of government. "

No it wasn't. Go learn History.

"So it was set up that if you take government money, you have to be transparent in exactly what it is used for. "

No it wasn't. Go learn history.

"Taking money and then hiding how you spend it IS a smoking gun."

Nobody here doing that. They already know how the money got spent. Go read the article. You aren’t much into reading are you.

" We have powder burns on this deal."

I think you should report them to the DOJ. Oh wait I forgot they paid off the feds too. Its a huge conspiracy.

Would that not be a bit ironic if BGF paid Stag Consulting or whatever the name of Benson's other company is a couple of million oh wait, pay himself good Gawd a Mighty

We know what cops do for a living, if they make $100,000 a year I don't give a **** how they spend it unless you can prove or even conspire that they are taking money out of the local jurisdictions narcotics Force. Benson has been given millions of dollars to get wolves delisted he hasn't done that he can't even show where the money has gone what lobbyists did. He gave that money to lobbyists for delisting wolves and in what manner was the lobbyist using that money? You know what Tri, if you don't want to know about it that's fine you don't have to know about it don't even pay any attention to it, but we do want to know about it and there's not a damn thing that's wrong with that. Go ahead write your bullshit conspiracies......

I wonder if anybody on the wildlife board has been paid money from BGF to help d-list the wolves or to try and manage the deer herds here in Utah?

How many people are on the wildlife board 7 or is it 9? How many consultants does Benson have on his payroll?

First you write this.

"Go ahead write your bullshit conspiracies......"

Which is funny because I am the one person making fun of the conspiracies. Go back and read.

Then you write this.

"How many people are on the wildlife board 7 or is it 9? How many consultants does Benson have on his payroll?"

SOUNDS LIKE A CONSPIRACY. You kind of busted into the liquor cabinet early today. Even if it is Friday. I'm always amazed at people who can't remember the words they say 19 minutes after they say it.

This is what I am hearing in this discussion at this point. I thought I would post something different that the cliche “dead horse”

Props to my rep Lisonbee.

Thank you for contacting me on this issue.

In general, are you against the idea that we would try to push back against the introduction of wolves into Utah? Or just the amount and process through which the appropriation is handled?

I agree there are concerns. Have you looked at this audit report?

https://le.utah.gov/audit/13_11rpt.pdf

This appropriation is generally part of the base budget. I am not on the committee that appropriates this money. I will see if there are conversations I can have that will move committee members to incorporate needed changes.

Please contact me anytime!

Warm regards,
Karianne Lisonbee
House of Representatives
Utah District 14
[email protected]

Feel free to read the audit. In 2013 they knew there was little guidance as to how or where funds were spent

“Tracking BGF Use of Funds Is Difficult
The fiscal year 2013 contract was conceived without an expectation of fully identifying the vendor’s state-related expenses; as a result, state and private funds were comingled. It is difficult to differentiate between BGF’s state-contracted funds and private donations because BGF sees itself as a private-public partnership with two revenue streams used for the same purpose.”

I think this was taken right from the SFW playbook

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom