Bi-pods for Oryx

atnvol

I currently own a harris bi-pod that I will take on our(son&I) Oryx hunt in Rhodes this Oct. I saw mention somewhere in a post of the need to take standing shots on occasion. Is this correct and if so what kind of bi or tri- pod do you users recommend for a standing shot. Thanks, Mike

Bi-pods are nice but 90% of the shots this last year because of tall grass were standing. Cabelas makes nice sticks that are easy to use and shoot from and can be used standing and sitting. BUT be sure to shoot off them and understand how they work and the best way to shoot from them. THis year I had 2-3 people that were not ready for standing shots on sticks and cost them nice oryx because of missing or spooking them trying to get closer..... Cabelas also makes a tripod that i really like with kids and try and few 200+ yd shots on them! Cheers

www.200inches.com

atvol,

u can buy cheap tipod at walmart. the tripod is for turkey shotgun, it snap to 3 feet i think and u can shoot from ur knee and it works on our oyrx hunt few times..and I do use on other big game hunts also.

vinihunt

A 10" lift with some 40" tires would probably be the best bipod to get you over the grass! ROFL! Honestly though, I use the yuccas.

He who stomps the greatest stinky wins!

Leave the Harris at home and get a set of standing shooting sticks. The brush is to high for regular bipods. Been-there-done-that.

BCPronghorn

I WOULD WITHOUT QUESTION GET A STANDING TYPE REST FOR YOURSELF. DONT TAKE THE CHANCE ON MISSING A GREAT SHOT CAUSE OF A POOR REST.... THEY ARE TOUGH ANIMALS PM TRAPKING CAUSE I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT HE HAD BUT THEY WERE NICE.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-09 AT 05:20PM (MST)[p]I use the new Bog-pod. It works awesome and is pretty light. I have it set up with there interchangeable heads so you can quickly and easily switch from a spotting scope adapter to a shooting adapter. Check them out.

For sure get a standing tripod and practice using it as Compass said,my daughter used one from cabelas that worked good.I will say though that a harris that is tall enough to shoot sitting could come in handy for a shot but most of the tripods will adjust down short enough also,good luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom