Bicycle commuting

idabigbuck

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-08 AT 00:12AM (MST)[p]I just started bicycle commuting to work. It is about 9 miles each way and being in the part of Boise that I live in, I can ride the "Greenbelt" most of the way. (That is a paved path that runs along the Boise river through town.) I plan on working my way up to 4-5 days per week. I'm doing it primarily to save dollars but I'm finding myself enjoying it more and more. I believe that it will help me to get in better shape for the hunting season also. Any "bikers" out there that can offer any insight into the benefits of biking and if it helps on those long climbs up and down the mountain come hunting season?

Its fair chase, or its foul!

idabigbuck, how have you been?

Casper, WY has a path along the river like that too. I enjoyed it when visiting there once. It's great that you can take advantage of that. Any exercise will not only be beneficial this hunting season but all year long. Good for you!

Eel

Eel,
I've been good. Been too busy at work to post or even view this site lately. But when not too exhausted when I get home I check it out from time to time. Getting closer to hunting season so I will be around more as time permits. I still like to lurk and read the crazy stuff that goes on here. Mostly good folks here. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Its fair chase, or its foul!

Idabigbuck,

I too, have started riding my bike to work 2 to three days a week when weather and schedule allows. I do it to save $$ but hope the extra exercise helps while chasing elk this fall. Wish I had a river to ride beside, sounds like a more senic ride than mine.

Phantom Hunter

I ride my road bike about 120-160 miles per week now. The benefits i see in the woods is that your legs are stronger and your cardio endurance increases. I guess I can walk more and get less tired or recover faster. Be safe out there...there are alot of bad drivers.
-Raptor

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom