Big AZ bull...score???

A

Azelkhunter39

I saw this bull Sunday morning. He is probably the biggest bull I have personally laid eyes on. I am no field judging expert but from what I have seen in books, my guess is 370 - 390. Does anyone with more experience have an idea?
9202giant_bull_4.jpg

I respectfully disagree guys. I think 340 is selling this bull way short. His fronts come out past his nose, his 5th is just barely shorter than his 4th, and look at the "whale tail" ! I have a 330 bull in my garage and this bull puts him to shame. This page suggests my guess is closer to being true than 340. No offense. http://elk101.com/featured-articles/features/field-judging-elk/

With only one view, it's tough to guess close, but I'm thinking that frame suggests a 350 class bull. I do know this, he's a SHOOTER.

I also come up with 340 hes short all the way around to go any higher.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

From this photo angle;

Good 5ths and decent 3rds...

Good looking main beams but they are short for reaching your 370-390 score.

I think he should be on the ground with you standing next to him with your harvest!

Robb

Well, maybe I am missing something since everyone seems to be in agreement. As I said, I am no expert. I thought the fronts were really good, 3rds were good, 4th was avg., 5th was really good and main beam/whale tail was impressive. I thought he would score higher. Sure wish I had him on the ground to put a tape on. Maybe next year I will get a tag. Thanks for the comments everybody.

That bull has tine length even though the beams are a bit shorter. Would love to see his spread too. Looks way bigger than 340 to me. 390 is quite a stretch though.

Cheers,
Pete

I agree 340ish. Even though he has decent tine length, he is really compact. Not much main beam between points. I would say his main beams are only 46-47 inches.

While I don't believe he'll reach 390", I think most everyone is underestimating this bull. He does have good beam length and decent tine length and I'd put him somewhere in between the OP's guess and everyone elses. He is easily over 350", and I'd guess a lot closer to 360". A definite shooter in my book.

My buddy killed a 340" bull with very similar beam length 4 years ago (56"), but his front half (brows and 3rds) were much shorter than this one. This bull doesn't have huge brows or swords, but he has good beam length, good 3rds and good 5ths.

I know of a gal that arrowed a 390" several years back, and that bull simply had it all: huge brows, long spiraling 3rds, long swords, 5ths, main beams and mass. The most perfect 6x6 I've ever seen.

Sent the pics to a well known guide/outfitter here in AZ to see what a pro thought. Got a response this afternoon. He thinks 360's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom