Big bear.........

B

Britt

I was scouting my Mule deer spot in the Pasaytan wilderness in Eastern Washington and came across a set of bear tracks that measured 6 and a half inches across. Now I am no bear expert, but these tracks looked more like griz tracks to me. Wouldnt this be a giant black bear if it was a black bear. Bear will be open when I am up their for my next scouting trip so I will keep my eyes peeled for a blacky.

I've personally never heard of a 6.5" front pad... but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there.

Bears are like people... a big bear can have smaller feet and a smaller bear could have big feet....

Take me for example... I'm pretty small in stature but I have a Huge...

Hey, did you say it might be a grizz? Wow, that would be cool!! Generally a grizzly track will show claw marks in front of the toes.

-the Big Dawg ;-)

Britt
The WDF&G has documented cases of grizzlys in the cascades as far south as Mt. St. Helens. There was one spotted at the N.E. base of Mt. Rainier a couple of years ago. If you can see claw marks, find out how far forward of the pad they are. Black bears tend to have much shorter claws and their toes curve around the pad a little more than a grizz's. Take your rifle and find out what it is. If it's a blackie, blast it! If it's a grizz, slowly get the f out of there and report it to the WDF&G.
It might be an illegal alien bear from Canada and will need to be deported. Heheeheheee..
Eric

The only thing I new to look for was the line under the toes test to see if the line crossed throught the pad and it didnt. The claus were an inch or two infront of the toes. I remember this because at first I didnt realize what they were. Thanks for the response.

Catmandoo doo,

Truth be told... the only thing HUGE on me is my ego and my nose!!

There is some question to which is bigger? But my guess is my nose will be tough to beat in any contest!! ;-)

-Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom