"BIG" binoculars

azbiggame

Very Active Member
Best usually means,most exspencive,when talking/looking for Optics ... want a set of "BIG" binoculars to put on a tripod for glassing at long range.What setup do you use,or suggest.

I now use 15X sworovskis and a sportsman tripod,but want more Power.The 2012 seasons are closer than We think ... Bruce & SilverGrand

You already have the best terrestrial "Big Binoculars". There are other larger ones, but they will get to be as much as twice the size of your Swarovskis, and I can't think of any on a similar image quality level. They are also more suited to astronomy.

If you need more magnification, then you better think spotting scope. In my view anyway.

thanks guys for Your imput,also use a Swor. spotter 20X60-80 for long range judgment,(yea or ney,but for less eye fatigue of looking through the spotter,just looking for MORE ??? Anybody else useing these "BIG BINOS" More help,please ... Bruce & Silvergrand

Bruce, these are 30x75 not 30x80. I bought these years ago from a bird watcher in Calif. I believe these are from the late 80's they are in very good shape. Tried google this morning, didn't find much. One pair for sale on the bird forum in Europe, the're asking 35000 euro which would be about $4500. Thanks Ron

I have considered putting two Pentax 65 EDII spotting scopes together with EW14 fixed eyepiece, that would be a killer set up at 27x and good quality. I really think atmospheric / mirage conditions would make anything over 20-30x useless.

What your looking for are the Kowa Highlanders found on
kowa-usa.com. I am a swarovski man but Kowa's optics are supposed to be equal or superior to swaro's. Be ready to spend some big bucks and get a big tripod because these babies weigh about 14 pounds. Cost is around 3,500 to 4,000 depending on wether or not you want HD. You can call the Outdoorsmans at 1-800-291-8065 to ask about thier quality and other pro's and con's or get on thier website at Outdoorsmans.com. Goodluck in your search. fatrooster.

THANKS guys for input."BAD" day,Mother passed this a.m. --- Bino search off for awhile,will be in touch. Bruce & SilverGrand

>THANKS guys for input."BAD" day,Mother passed
>this a.m. --- Bino search
>off for awhile,will be in
>touch. Bruce & SilverGrand
>

Sorry to hear for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Go with the doctors. Aspectrums that has the 20 to 50 zoom. That is what I use and they are awesome. That is what Ryan Hatch, Tory Brock, Doyle and the boys use if that tells you anything.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom