Big Buck Found

I'm no pro but he looks good to me. Without seeing a front view to get a better look at main beam length I would put him at pushing 185"

yea i am not a pro either i saw him and knew he was a shooter. I was guessing 185 to 190. Watched him for an hour and never got any pictures or videos with him looking my way.

Super nice Buck, He would be a wall hanger all day long.
I think they have him pegged at mid 180's

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-18 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]no he has both eye guards but they are pretty small. He sure didn't act like a buck that has been pressured at all. What unit did you hunt Blackie6?

That Bucks turns my crank for sure.
I think he is at least 186 gross and if he has good eye guards may go close to 190.
He looks like he has just rubbed off his velvet but hasn't yet rubbed any color in.
He would be at the top of my hit list unless of course there's something bigger around. Good job finding him and good video as well. Good luck

Thanks man. Yea he is the only one on my list. I have spent 5 weekends up on the mountain looking over bucks and this is the biggest one by far. I have found a lot of 150ish four points but its him or nothing. Going out again this weekend too see if he is in the same place. Only 1 week until the muzzle loader opens.

While judging from behind is usually not good, I would be very surprised if this buck wasn't in the 180's. He has all great tines, mass, and I think he has the spread for it.

Do you have a tag to go after him..?? That'd be a sweet memory to find him early, film him and then later take him...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Sorry it took so long to reply i did not want to see all the big bucks taken that would be on here. Hunted hard for this buck during the muzzle loader hunt. I backpacked in 5 miles to put myself in a good position for opening morning. My brother in law was with me for opening day and he turned up the buck just above where we had seen him while scouting. We saw him a little late in the morning just as he went into a good patch of trees. We watched the trees and around the trees all day until about 2 when i finally spotted him. He was feeding at the bottom of the tree line where it was not heavily timbered. I knew this was going to be my chance so i left my brother in law and worked over to him. When i got to about 250 yards where i thought he was i took my boots off and started slowly working to him checking the wind at all times. After what felt like ages i got within 150 yards of where i thought he was. I stopped behind a rock while my brother in law said he was right in front of me. I kept looking and could not turn him up. After a about 10 minutes i listened on the radio as i heard the most devastating words ever, "He busted". There was a couple trees that we was right behind feeding that i sat and watched video, from my brother in law, of the buck feeding behind. He was 150 yards from me and i could not see him. I have ran it through my mind 1000 times what could have went wrong. The only thing i can think of is the wind must have swirled. Went back to camp pretty disappointed but hopeful knowing we had not seen a hunter yet. The next day, Thursday, the hunter started showing up around the ridges. With my brother in law going to back to work and my brother joining me for the rest of the week we knew it was going to be tough to find him. We ended up going to the next canyon over and my brother spotted my buck bedded down about an hour before dark only 400 yards away. We were above him on the ridge and had the wind perfect. I knew i had to hurry as i worked down to him, to get within range before dark. I was 250 yards from him with plenty of time and conditions perfect. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, i heard the worst feeling ever. A gunshot rang off as i watched the buck take off in front of me. I quickly pulled up my binos as i watched him taking seeing he was not hit. As he disappeared into the tree line i heard another shot go off. I looked around for a bit and watched two hunters come out of the tree line below the buck. I hiked down to talk to the hunters so i could either put my hands on this buck or know if he was still alive. They informed me that they both missed. With a little bit of hope still i hunted hard through Sunday and never saw the buck again. In the end it was disappointing but it was one of the funnest hunts i have done. I chased the best buck i have seen on a general hunt and watched a few other 150 bucks. I went home empty handed but learned a lot and made some great memories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom