Big Bull Elk Poached between Palo Cedro and Oak Run?

cjboz

Very Active Member
My dad was telling me the other night about a big bull that was poached on Hathaways? I was wondering if anyone knew any more details. I am originally from Palo Cedro so I am kept up on all the Good and Bads that happen around there. Over the years we have seen them crossing back and forth through that area. There is ALOT of poaching in the Redding area that has been going on for years that certainly needs to be stopped. If there ever was a call for more enforcement it definetly needs to be in that area! I think poaching needs to be the 11th commandment. A poacher is in the same book as a thief and liar to me!

This must be a very rural area for no one to hear the gunshot? And then to have the time to cut off his head and take the backstraps out (two strips of meat were probably the backstraps). That is a shame and a half. The BS thing is that the poacher can't really share and enjoy those antlers due to the fact that someone will know it was shot illegally. What a scumbag!

Steve

Bad news, good thread!

i know a few "good ol boy" fellas that "used" to poach deer to eat around here. They're not bad guys as bad guys can get but then i don't think they poach deer any more either. I told each of them that if ever i see or hear of them taking a deer out of season or without a tag, i'll turn their buts in personally!! I also told them that if they were hungry, call me, i'll buy you a couple bags of groceries and i always have legal fish and game in the freezer they're welcome to, "DO NOT POACH a DEER!!"

Maybe not everybody wants to approach suspected poachers like i do but i don't have any family to provide for, been around long enough, am just big, bad, and honery enough, to just not give a chit...This stuff has got to stop!!

Joey

Thanks for the rest of the info. That is a shame!!! That area is poached horribly. My grandad ran a ranch up in that area for years and we were always getting poached on. The disrespect for wildlife and other peoples stuff is getting out of hand.

Califhuntn, No thanks needed. 30-40-50 years ago things were a lot different. Even my Dad was known to take a couple extra deer every year to put food on the table. That was back then, this is now. We just can't have it that way any longer and still keep a viable, huntable population of game animals.

Hunting and fishing regulations are in effect to protect the animals. The high profile poacher that get caught is only a small part of the problem. It's up to all of us to do what we can, see that the regulations are enforced and respected, the animals protected, or we simply will have no game.

Joey

That's worrisome and may get worse, especially now that Cali is broke, I know a guy recently in a wheel chair paralyzed from the waste down, turned down for welfare, if that's the new norm expect it to get worse!....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom