big deer

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
i noticed that there arent very many pictures floating around. well lest see some of the pictures that you guys have. they can be deer that you have shot or not. also whats everyones biggest deer. most of you know that my first deer and only deer was 82 inches
casey

There is a picture down the way a little bit. The thread is called "Last Dayer", it may be on page 2 now. That one was 84 gross, my dad shot it. My biggest coues is 104 net, 107 gross, killed in unit 36B in the rut many moons ago. Jeez, I feel old!!! I will try to post a picture of it in a day or two.
Bret M.

Here's a couple of photos of a Coues buck a friend of mine killed a couple of years ago. Sorry the photos are so big. Sweet Success!!!

dino4.jpg

Dinocloseup4.jpg

bret, my dad has that hunt this year we will be going where i shot my deer at because during the november hunt, my partner missed at 2 in the hundreds. one was about 120 we will be going down in the universal ranch road area. have you ever hunted down in there. also does grunting and rattling work in the rut at all? i am trying to talk my dad into letting me tickle the horns a lil for him
casey

Casey,

I'll be in 36B this year, too, but probably not until the day after Xmas. Will likely be camped in the Sycamore Canyon area in a large silver tent with a tan roof. I also drive a burgundy (red) Dodge Ram Quadcab with a matching shell. License is Tony10. So stop by if we're around.

We're going down to scout on Sunday, Dec. 7 and might also go down just for a day during the week AFTER the opening weekend, i.e probably on Monday, Dec. 16. -TONY

You guys are getting me way to excited. I will be huntin 36c this Dec. I will be getting there on the 26th and hunting to the end of the hunt. Have been putting my plan together, but would like to here from people that has hunted this area during the Dec hunt. I am still up in the air about were to set me standerds at. I have 5 days to hunt I was thinking the first 2 days to go for a 100+ inch buck, day 3-4 85+, last day anything with horns. What do you guys think.

Thanks

twopointdn, that souns like a good plan to me, my dad will be holding out for a 100 i nch buck almost the whole time seeings how we already have meat in the freewzer from my deer
casey

I have never heard of that area. The buck I killed was in the low hills on the Buenos Aires. He was rutted out of his head with 14 or so does. I imagine calling them and rattling would work, I would save that for archery hunting though. We glassed him up, and if I had a rifle rut tag I would be glass, glass, glassing! Good luck to you guys
Bret M.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom