Big deer

P

PHC

I don't know this hunter, just pulled it from another board I read. The pic is better than the story :) but a heck of a buck

4909b83448956d35.jpg

Story from the hunter:

"He was scored this morning and netted 212 and 6/8ths B&C. The guide told me he was 5/8ths of an inch short of being a ?book deer?. I forgot to ask, but assume him to be ?nontypical?. He weighed 310 pounds live weight and was probably 6 and ? years old. I shot him in Chama, New Mexico yesterday morning. The weather was really warm for the hunt, with temps reaching the low 70s at midday, so not much was moving. We did nothing but drive. The guide told me that being on foot would push a big buck out really quick, so we drove the whole time. We were at about 8500 feet in the mountains.

I saw him Monday night, right at dark, and had him in my scope, but could not find the crosshairs it was so dark. I was convinced I'd never see him again. As you know, big bucks rarely give you a second chance. The next morning we idled along back to the same spot and found him in a draw about 100 yards from where we spotted him originally. It was an easy 50 yard shot almost straight downhill into the draw.

I've taken a lot of animals with rifle and bow, but this guy gave me buck fever like I hadn't had in years. It was a hoot.

God smiled on me this week, as he usually does. HE IS GOOD!!!""

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-08 AT 08:28AM (MST)[p]That is an innacurate title for this thread. Should have been titled "Monster Deer." Wow. Saw some big muleys while on my Chama elk hunt but nothing near that big...

!!!!!!!!MONSTER DEER!!!!!!!!!!

nmelktrout you are right - I fixed it at least in the title on this reply! :)

absolutely amazing animal

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom