Big droptine buck

rookieray

I thought I would save these pics til it got slow around here. This buck was taken in a D zone by a local in my town this season. It was being stored in my wife's uncles locker. Luckily I got to see it before it went to the taxidermist. Dont have any field photos or measurements but a pretty nice buck dont you think. For reference purposes, I am 6'5 and my elbows are at my side in the first picture.

2999buck2.jpg

8527buck1.jpg

7925buck3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-10 AT 06:15PM (MST)[p]Heck of a Buck!! That hanger really makes him special, just more icing on a already great cake!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-10 AT 06:55AM (MST)[p]Very nice.......similar antler structure of a buck I measured from the Goodale hunt this past year.

Thanks for posting it up.....congratulations to the hunter.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Another Mariposa monster......You guys must have special water or something down there :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Thanks for the comments. The buck was not taken in Mariposa County, it was taken on public land in D-7. Rumor has it that the hunter thought it was a forky and since it was the 2nd to last weekend of the season decided to take it. I am not sure what that would do to me walking up on what I though to be a fork and seeing that thing lying there.

>Thanks for the comments. The
>buck was not taken in
>Mariposa County, it was taken
>on public land in D-7.

More south torwards Raymond????? Regardless, it seems that area south of 140 really kicks out nice bucks.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Great looking buck for sure.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom