Big Game Deadline 3/18

Rainier

It is in...a least for me. After a couple weeks of hemming and hawing, clicking, unclicking, then reclicking, staring at the excel odds spreadsheet, I finally sent it in last night. Now I just sit here daydreaming and hoping I don't get much of a refund from NMDGF in about a month....

Just wanted to say best of luck to all on here! I find this forum as a great resource and excellent place to talk with others.

That's me to buddy!!! Except I've had mine done for a while now!! I've kinda already prepared myself to see red:(.... I had a good run with the three hunt Gila system. Now I'm not feeling so lucky! Good luck as well

Aww the anguish and despair.

After months of staring at spreadsheets and PDF's trying to determine the best areas to put in for and when to put in for them - countless hours of sleep deprivation and insanity - the time comes when all the hunters submit their drawings in hopes to see that dark GREEN button of "SUCCESSFUL".

I hear ya man, I hear ya.

Good luck on the draw!

That month is killer. And then closer towards the draw everyone starts looking for those backdoors to see if they can somehow determine if they have drawn. I must say, the draw for hunters is literally like the countdown til the last day of school for children hahah

Sounds a lot like my experience. Finally submitted them last night. Now to find something to distract myself for the next long, long, long month until the usually very much anti-climatic results come out!

Anyone else delete and app and pay extra to reapply?

I had one more change I wanted to make, and waited to long.

It is all in the strategy. :)

>Good luck to you and the
>family. I have two Elk
>tags already and a chance
>at another in AZ so
>I passed on NM.

Bob, pretty sure we have a AZ archery Elk tag this year as well.

I deleted one and reapplied because when I looked my elk application I didn't notice that they listed my choices out of order: 3rd choice on the 2nd line and 2nd choice on the 3rd line. When my buddy went to attach he called me and said I had them out of order. So without looking really close, I deleted my app and reapplied, only afterwards noting that I had it right the first time and that NMDGF listed them out of order... :-/

Just another way for me to make a charitable donation to NMDGF...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-15 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]If all goes as planned I should see a muzzy cow tag in Colo and hopefully a lope tag in NM. If all goes as planned, (cross fingers, rub lucky rabbits foot, throw horseshoe over shoulder...). Good luck to all.

>I deleted one and reapplied because
>when I looked my elk
>application I didn't notice that
>they listed my choices out
>of order: 3rd choice on
>the 2nd line and 2nd
>choice on the 3rd line.
> When my buddy went
>to attach he called me
>and said I had
>them out of order.
>So without looking really close,
>I deleted my app and
>reapplied, only afterwards noting that
>I had it right the
>first time and that NMDGF
>listed them out of order...
> :-/
>
>Just another way for me to
>make a charitable donation to
>NMDGF...

I thought the same thing happened to me, but upon further investigation, it was correct, but the hunts were just listed in numerical order in the receipt section. For example DER-1-134 was listed before DER-1-349 on the receipt.

When you'd look at them from the current applications on file page, they are in the correct order.

..... I hope this makes sense

I was curious if anybody knew how this may work but does attaching your application to another decrease your odds at drawing? What I read on the g&f website is that for every application number there is a sequence number. So if you attach, every hunter on the app share the same app and sequence number. Anybody have any insight/experience with attaching?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-15 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]>Dont know about how this afects
>the odds...

Having more than one applicant always decreases your chances, but usually by just a small amount, it depends on the number of tags offered.

If there were 10 tags to begin with, and there are 2 people on the application, their chances would be reduced to 90% of the draw probability for a single applicant. If there were 100 tags then it would be 99% X, pretty insignificant. But if there were only 2 tags for that hunt, your chances would be 50% X.

Using the 10 tag example, for a single applicant you just need to be one of the first 10 people to get pulled out of the stack. But if you have two people on your application, you need to be in the top 9, or they wont draw; therefore your chances are reduced to 9/10 X.

The general rule for 2 applicants is to multiply odds by:

(#tags-1)/#tags

for 3 applicants by:

(#tags-2)/#tags,

on so on.

Thanks for the excellent explanation. I have always wondered about the odds of applying single vs group. Much appreciated.

Two on an application is not bad. Me and my son have been blessed with the two if us on one application.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom