Big Game Metal Piece

bigcreekmetal

This is a metal cutout I made for a guy who wanted Idahos big game heads in it with some mtns. Not trying to advertise here just thought it was cool and figured some of you outdoorsman might appreciate it to. Its 4' long out of 10 gauge metal.

2153jib_crane_051.jpg

Well done. Curious as to which program you used to design it in. I am a high school Ag and Welding instructor. We use Rhino to design cutouts for our plasma cam. Very nice piece. I love the detail in all of the heads.

"success Is Reason Enough!"

Oh that is cool. I use the PlasmaCam program. Along with Raster to Vector and a couple other odd programs for doing misc. things. Where do you teach?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-10 AT 11:21AM (MST)[p]Very cool... I found these in UT..

This one is big (Neola is Indian translation for "Crazy woman with candid dolphin tatoo")

Neola.jpg

PB261224.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-10 AT 12:21PM (MST)[p]I teach in Prineville, OR. Again, nice work.
"success Is Reason Enough!"

Bigcreek,

Very cool design! What does a PlasmaCam cost? Is it easy to use? Where would someone buy a program/machine to do this kind of stuff?

Thanks

Buck Snort, the three steel murals on the Neola sign interest me. I am a retired vocational agriculture teacher and the young teacher that followed me could make me one of these if I had the pattern. How difficult is it to secure the template for this work? Cowtag from southern Illinois

Design your own. Its not all that hard. I spent a lot of time on a grinder working for a friend in his shop where we built lots of stuff like this. Sandhollow metal art in upalco ut. There's a good chance he made the Neola sign, don't quote me on it there's a lot of people doing it now.

There's a lot of people around the basin with cutouts like that for entrys or signs with their last names on them. None are detailed as much though. Looks awesome. What did it cost?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Bigcreek,
>
>Very cool design! What does
>a PlasmaCam cost? Is
>it easy to use?
>Where would someone buy a
>program/machine to do this kind
>of stuff?
>
>Thanks

Google Plasmacam and you'll get all the info you want. The table costs 9 or 10 thousand. Then you'll need a plasma cutter which will be another $1500 - $4000 depending on what you get. Also will need an air compressor. The machine is easy to use once you get it figured out... just like any other tool I guess. There is definately a learning curve involved.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-10
>AT 11:21?AM (MST)

>
>Very cool... I found these in
>UT..
>
>This one is big (Neola is
>Indian translation for "Crazy woman
>with candid dolphin tatoo")
>
>
>
Neola.jpg

>
>
PB261224.jpg

>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

I like that bottom picture but what the heck is up with the translation??? Did indians even know what a dolphin was?

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-10
>AT 12:21?PM (MST)

>
>I teach in Prineville, OR.
>Again, nice work.
>"success Is Reason Enough!"

You are on plasmapig arent you?.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom