Big Horn and Oryx Mounts

RabidRattleSnake1

Does anyone know where I could sell a couple of head mounts? I don't really have the room for head mounts in my house and these mounts have been sitting in the closet for a while now. Might as well see if I can't get rid of them. Maybe pick up a new set of binoculars or other gear with the money (or trade)? I have a 180" Rocky Mt. Big Horn Sheep and a 39" Oryx in excellent shape that I would like to get rid of. I also have a 166" Muley and 83" Antelope, but they are not in the best of shape. Other than Ebay don't know of any other way to sell.

Kinda what I am worried about. Hell at this point I just want to get the things out of the closet and maybe pick up a pair of Swarovskis for them.

I would be cautious with the bighorn! There are some strict rules in all Western states in regard to buying and selling bighorn sheep! I would definitely double-check with the state where the bighorn was shot, which state you are in when selling it, and which state you are selling it to! You likely won't have to worry about the other species too much..but I would definitely check into it if I were you!

I checked with the NMDGF and I am ok to get rid of them. I just have to provide and receive receipts that detail the sale and other particulars (seal info, etc.). Pistolero you can reach me at [email protected]. I took the sheep up at Wheeler in 2000 and the Oryx in 1999. Just don't have the room for the critters and would like to use the funds to buy some gear (Swarovski?s, new bow and/or other stuff).

RRS1

why do u want to sell bighorn? I know it is not our business but it is a ONCE life time tag! everyone here in NM are tryin to get a tag! your a lucky hunter to killed a 180" sheep!

I know you want new toys to use! but wish you good luck!! post ur bighorn sheep picture if u can?

vinihunt

I don't get it either. A bighorn is more than a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...especially for guys like us.

This is it:

497e3e4e25b704a2.jpg

497e3ea827c0e857.jpg

Only this lucky SOB can draw such a tag on the 1st try.

I love to hunt, but I am not into the heads anymore. Hell, Lefttrun and I just came back from a bow hunt and I was just as happy with the forky I took as I was with this sheep. The way I figure it I might as well see if I can't sell the heads and get soemthing I will use (binos, wall tent, ect.) rather than have this sheep sit in the closet for the next 30 years.

Dont sell the sheep youll regret it.Pass it on to your kidos or family.Binos and wall tents will always be there.A sheep like that with your name on it probably never again.Goats and oryx opportunitty will nock again.Dont sell that sheep.

Awesome photo, thanks for putting it up.

I very much agree with crazey on this. The others mounts I can partially understand, but not the sheep. That should be something you pass on to your kids, grandkids, etc. Those are just too hard to come by.

I would be willing to trade you for a pair of Lieca Ultravid 10x42's or a possibly a new bow. PM me if your interested

I've offered to "store" it for him until he changes his mind, but he seems to have his mind made up.

If he parts with it, he better get top dollar for it. I'd never let something like that go, unless I was in a very serious financial crunch.

I don't have a sheep mount (yet) but I think I'd sell a kidney before my sheep mount!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

You might try some consignment shops, you might get a decent price for the oryx but it may take a while to sell it, especially now. I suspect you won't get a fair price for the sheep however. My wife has sold some elk and orxy skull mounts for me in her antique shop, but full mounts don't sell as well.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom