Big loper buck

R

RaghornHS

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 10:09?AM (MST)

As things usually go for me, this back came wandering out into the open just after I found the buck I killed last year. I missed this guy two days in a row at 38 yards. He makes my buck look like a "mini-me" version of himself!

The photo is pretty grainy because I had to crop it in Picasa. You get the idea, though.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3161monster_goat_1.jpg

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]
raghornhs.blogspot.com

Better check your scope!! HeeHee

I'm guessing you're archery hunting. I'd be hard pressed to be able to draw back on a buck of that caliber. I'd be shaking like a leaf!

Steve

Steve - it was the archery hunt and, believe me, I was the leaf you refer to! Two days in a row he stood in the exact same spot and I just missed. No excuses. I just blew both shots.

I guessed him to be 16" but it's hard to tell exactly, when your eyes are rattling along with the rest of you!

We were standing over the buck I killed when he appeared that day...it was a pretty cool moment, to see him one last time before we loaded mine mine and left.

This was the last day of archery season. I'd be surprised if he survived rifle.

Raghorn Hunting Services
[email protected]
raghornhs.blogspot.com

My guess is that he's 16....unless he's got no curl. It's too hard to tell in that picture. He's one tall buck. God knows he won't make it another 5 years until you're able to draw again! I've got to wait until 2013 to put in again.

Steve

Nope - no way this guy makes it another 5 years until I can apply again.

Tell you what's interesting, though...I drew the same tag in 2007, just before I moved to Nevada - So, I drew it as a non-res with 0 points, and there were only 2 NR tags that year for the area.

Raghorn Hunting Services
[email protected]
raghornhs.blogspot.com

You were busy last year in nevada drawing 3 tags, how did you do on your archery deer tag last year I hunted that same unit 3 years ago saw tons of bucks just hard to bed them in the giant mahogany groves.I am thinking of puting in for that unit again but for rifel season I just dont like the amount of people hunting the gun season as compared to archery.

6x7 - you sneaky little devil. If anyone wants to know where this antelope is from, ask him...he knows how to figure it out!

I didn't spend much time on the deer tag, so I came up empty. I went up there for three days and saw 32 does and 2 bucks that were not work hiking a mile for. That area was my second choice tag so I elected to focus on goats instead. I won't apply for that area again.

On the cow tag we struck out as well. I hunted 11 days and saw nothing but bulls the whole time. In fact, I posted previously that I have a pretty good idea where the entire herd of bulls live in 231!

We - my friend drew the late 23 cow tag as well -
had quite the odyssey on the hunt. The odyssey included getting stuck on a mountain for 9 hours in December, but that's another story!

Raghorn Hunting Services
[email protected]
raghornhs.blogspot.com

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom