Big Thanks to NMTaxi: Oryx mount

hjbuys

After an outstanding Oryx hunt last year, I was surprised by my good friend and NMTaxi when what I thought was going to be a Euro mount turned in to this:

293118_4227607935654_296585544_n.jpg

Wow! NMTAXI, that is just awesome work. I'm very impressed. You're the man! I can't thank you enough!

Thanks again to Taylor and Stinky for helping with the hunt. I still smile every time I think about it.

Someone needs to point out tha hjbuys is a returning aphgan vet. He was a trauma dr and personally saved many of our very own over there. I think I'm gonna start contacting NMTAXI for my own taxi work. If he will put up with me I have a lot of work for a man who helps look after our own. That was above and beyone NMTAXI and at no cost. Did that son of a gun try to pay you to I'm guessing?

Thanks Jay for everything you did for us and thank you for allowing me to share a hunt with one of the blindest hunters and worst shots I think I've ever met!

If I can ever help you in the future you know how to get me. Any of my worthless abilities are always at your serive.

"Did that son of a gun try to pay you to I'm guessing?"

Stinky, I've met very few people like Jay. I offered to do a mount for him quite a while back when tayhot first posted about his buddy returning from Afghanistan, and was looking for a hunt for him. I ended up pm'ing Jay with the offer to mount whatever he killed as a thank you for his service. He appreciated the gesture, but said it was "too much" and to pass on the offer to someone else that was "more deserving". I was taken back by his humility.

When Jay killed this oryx, he just wanted a euro mount, and refused to even let me do that at no charge. When I picked up the head from tayhot's house, we decided that despite his protests, he was getting a shoulder mount. So, I hope he has room for it.

I do not do this for a living. It's a hobby to me, and something I enjoy doing in my spare time. Mounting this oryx was particularly enjoyable knowing who it was for, and knowing he had know idea what we were doing for him. Thank you Jay for your service, and thank you Taylor for letting me be a part of this. Everybody should have such a good friend as Taylor is to Jay.

As an Afghan Vet this story really touches home. It's amazing that there are people out there like NMTAXI. You are a class act!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom