Big Town or Small Town?

completesportsman

Long Time Member
Where do you come from?

I grew up in Sparta, NC, a very small town. There were less than 400 students in our high school grades 9th-12th. There were about 95 students in my graduating class.

A small town is a town with only 400 people in the whole town. with less than 100 kids in the high school

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-12 AT 11:10AM (MST)[p]We had 10 people in my town in Eastern NM. No kidding, we even had a post office/store for about 3 of the 10 years we lived there...and two signs letting folks know they were in our town.

Went to school about 8 miles away; that town was a little bigger with 125 people.

Our graduating class was, and still is, the largest ever for that school at 22. All 12 grades were in the same building, all 143 of us.

Small town not far from the Canadian border, only 58 kids in my graduating class NO traffic lights in my town growing up but they got one now.

John 3:16
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Large town in the southwest with pop about 1.5 million. It's crowded and filthy hot right now.

Small town in UT....400 people, no traffic lights....Bighorn sheep and deer have the right of way....I teach fourth grade and there are on average 12-14 students every year!

Grew up in the country, nearest neighbor was 3/4 of a mile. Could just barely see the lights from their house in the winter when the leaves were off the trees.
To the east was 10 miles of woods, to the west was 30+ miles of woods. Enjoyed every second being out there, when I turned 8 years old, I was allowed to hunt grouse on my own when I got home from school till dark!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Small town, in Montana. Close to San Francisco North. (missoula) Seems my hometown is basically a suburb of the liberal craphole to the North these days. That's why I live in another small town further South. mtmuley

Grew up in Uno, CA and had to walk to school in Igo, CA just up the road during the spring and early fall, after that took the horse and buggy to haul my sister and brother. Would not change a thing, great time and got to milk the cows before school too.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Nearest town 8 miles pop: (7) school 13 miles Grad class 36
It was heaven and I didn't know it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

where abouts Whtelk? I'm also in small town Western OR, grew up and graduated from Banks.... think we had 75 or so in our graduating class, town got its first stop light in the last 10 years sometime. Great place to grow up.

LBR

+100!! Never knew how great it was until later in life. Grad class had ~75 or so, but I had an hour bus ride to school and grew up with an outhouse, no electricity, wood stove, etc. out in the woods. enjoyed every minute of it and would do just about anything to do it again! Sure do like having a toilet in the house though...

Looks like I'm the odd one out. Grew up in Texas in a city of over 250k with a graduating class of around 1150. Our stadium had artificial turf and seating for over 14k people.

Dad was a "townie" though his Parents had a big ranch that i spent most weekends and near all the summer at working the AM's and playing hard in the PM's. Town was about 25,000 back then.Still it seemed like everybody knew everybody, the ranching and farming community was pretty together back then.

I moved to a small town on my 30th birthday or shortly after. a bit of a cultural shock for both me and the town but that's what i wanted to do and so it goes. Recently, i moved to a even smaller town nearby. I like it just fine and would only trade it for some time with my Grandparents again, back on the Ranch.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

"I grew up on a ranch close to a town of 200 people."

Ransom... was that just the whores or does that include the kitchen help?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom