Biggest bear yet?

mozey

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-08 AT 11:59PM (MST)[p]Biggest bear yet to come to this water hole? Not sure if he is or not, but this is the last I've seen of that salt lick. He either ate the whole thing right there, or carried it off. He's also the first bear to show any interest in a salt lick. He also dug up a stash of six brand new Duracel D-Cell replacement batteries in a zip lock baggy that I had stashed under a deadfall for when the current ones go dead. At least I think it was him; either ate them or carried them off to his den. Guess he needed them for his ipod. And what's the deal with a blackie having a hump on his shoulder?

48a669f16d6e26e8.jpg

48a66a396f134f94.jpg

48a66a5b6f73109c.jpg

Momma keeping the kids up past their bedtime?

48a66c527e0b142c.jpg

48a66c6e7e5165f1.jpg

48a66ca97ee1ad70.jpg

Looks like the "He" is a "She." Last shot looks like two cubs at the watering hole with mama. Male bruin would never allow that for sure. I wonder if she's pregnant as well, due to the weird craving for batteries. With my wife it was always cookie dough ice cream but who knows.

The second bear definitey is a she, this is the second time I've got pics of her with her cubs. But that first bear is a different bear. This is the first time I've got pics of that bear working over the salt lick, and he's definitely a different bear than momma. Look at the dates and times.

Nice pics. Something that would definitely get the dogs fired up. Nice pics what unit?

Those are some great pics, looks like a nice place to set your stand...Thanks for sharing it..

mozey..

awesome!!! I have my bear tag in my pocket! this time I am not let the bear go!

saw few down in 16's last year but didn't wanna to screw up my deer hunt!

but this time I ll be pullin the trigger!

vinihunt

Had to squeeze in a business trip, so I've been gone a while. The bears are in unit 6.

vini, we need to make us a little wager. Whichever of us kills the biggest bear has to take the other to a resturant of choice in Sante Fe...either way, we both win!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom