Bighorn Muleys

brookhunter19

I am looking to bowhunt the Big Horns this fall for mule deer with my dad. We are looking to hunt west fo Sheridan somewhere around Burgess Junction. I was wodering what the mule deer population is like and how much hunting pressure there is. Also does anybody know of any possible tent camping options. I greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks,

I have hunted arround the SE part of the Big Horns and stayed at the Crazy Woman Campground. I saw some nice bucks but never connected , nice area and I never saw another hunter.

Hunt there every year, I live in Sheridan so know it well. As for muleys, there are quite a few deer, but size is small with a few big ones running around. Hunting pressure during archery season is not too bad, but during rifle season that's a different story. Either way you will see hunters.

brookhunter19!

Get yourself the Bighorn Nat'l Forest map put out by the USFS for a good deal of your camping questions to be answered.
Here's the contact:

Bighorn National Forest
2013 Eastside 2nd Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
(307)674-2600

Sounds like good info. By the way we are looking at doing an early bowhunt. We are from Wisconsin and are looking for a relaxing vacation where we can score a shot at a muley.

Thanks!

brookhunter19!

Outstanding. Early in the Bighorns is very nice in many ways.
There's a little bit about the Southern Bighorns and It's surroundings I'm sorta' familiar with that one may find entertaining. That'd be the job of a PM--yer call.
By the way, always good to have an "oh, sh*t, plan B in effect" option handy in this country.

Welcome to the Bigspeedbump,
Rump

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom