Binculars, Which Power ???????????????

D

Dawnpatrol

I am looking to get a new pair of Nikon Monarch Binoculars and i can't make up my mind on with power should I get, the 10x42 or the 12x42.

I will be using them hunting whitetail in Connectciut and for glassing for mule deer in Alberta " this year" and for whatever hunting trip i plan for the future.

Thanks for you input, Mike

Glassing in Connecticut? Having been in New England forests a couple of times, I'm wondering if you need anything more than 8 power...

For anything hand held, I thing that 10 power is about the best trade-off between being able to look for a long time without trembling so much you're not effective. 10X42s are my choice for anything hand held...

You won'g go wrong if you go stronger, you'll just have to hold more steady. Have fun!

All who wander are not lost.

X2

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I have to agree with going with the 10X42. Better in dense woods then 12 power, and powerful enough for open terrrain. At 12 power and above it is best to use then with a solid rest or tri-pod for extended use glassing open areas looking for a hidden deer in the brush. It is a good all around power for different uses and terrain.

RELH

The Nikon Monarch's 10x42 is th best binoculars for the money that I know of. You will not be sorry with them.

Has anyone used these variable power binoculars that I see Leopold advertize?

My personal preference is 15 but I have 10's as well and there is no way I would go anything smaller than 10 power. I guess I am fortunate because I never use my 15's on a tripod and don't have the shakes. I only use the 10's when filming.

I had the same question a couple of weeks ago. I went with the 12x's. And I am very glad I did. The areas that I hunt are very open. I like to be able to see the details, not just the animal.

That being said, I would not buy the 12x's to use in a heavily wooded area. They are very powerfull!!

Choose wisely and let us know what you decide.

2pointer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom