Bino Harness

mtntophunter

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a Bino Harness & was wanting to know what you guys thought and any suggestions on which brand to purchase.

Thank you,

Mark-

I like my badlands bino case. I used the crooked horn system for years. The binos kept slipping down and the case did not keep the dust out as well as the badlands system. The only con to the badlands is the hydration pack is not removable so it makes it a bit uncomfortable to wear a pack. The badlands system has enough storage for small things (turkey/elk calls), but is not too big. It even has a "bow holder" clip.

3p2

I second the Badlands system. Nothing I have used keeps my binos cleaner and more protected.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I just purchased the S4 lockdown bino harness. It fits nice and is easy to get your bino's out quick.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-11 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]I will give a BIG yes vote for bandlands bino straps, they are very comfortable and i like the bigger back support system.

BUT, a big NO vote for the bandlands bino case. While I like it/use it to ride around in the truck/ATV and keeping the dust off etc. It is not very user friendly when it comes to hiking/hunting and for field use esp. if you are a bow hunter. I don't like the way your binos either have to fit/attach them to their ring/rubber string system or leave them un attached and just take them in an out. The magnet buckle system is too noisy as well for bowhunitng IMO.

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

I'd say try the Horn Hunter Bino Hub. It's a lot smaller than the Badlands. I used one all year and I LOVE it!!!

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

Bino hubs are sweet I love mine the only problem I have heard and seen with the badlands is how it opens to the front if you were to fall your binos may come out.

the bino chest pack.by alaskaguidecreations. works the best for me . and its made in the usa..

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do not work for and/or are not sponsored by badlands. Just giving my opinion. As always, try them out and see what works for you. Hope this thread gives you a good place to start!
Good luck,
3p2

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-11 AT 03:39PM (MST)[p] Justr_86--Thanks for the help....I clicked on the link and I'm sorry for your loss! Having sons I couldn't imagine waht your going thru.

Take Care,

Mark-

another vote for the s4 lockdown, the badlands is nice too if you don't mind having a 5 gallon bucket around your neck.

....If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.....

I like my Badlands case. It is a bit bulky, the not too much so. The magnetic latch can be loud, but it doesn't take much to learn to automatically zip around it with a thumb and finger to silently shut it without the snap.

Have had a few including the Badlands. I like certain ones for certain reasons. But I am now using the Horn hunter and prefer it the best over any. The laser attachment is not perfect but works most of the time, I may modify it.

i got the badlands bino case this last summer.

good for protecting your glass, keeping calls & tags, bow holder a plus,

but when it came to actually using them for hunting, not so good. not easy to get binos out for a quick look, especially when stalking thru the timber, have to open pouch then pull out binos. took to long on many occasions. noisy when closing if not careful.

will still use them when riding wheelers or in my jeep with top off, but have gone back to old style while hunting.

"MUTTMAN"
no guts, no story!

crooked horn harness and sheild for me keeps my binos dry and from getting beat up in the brush easy to use also. they are not perfect for keeping dust out but i can tell you they keep alot out. you will get a little debris in the shield sometimes but i think the pros of crooked horn out weigh the cons vs other systems.

I am ready to sell my Badlands case. Too noisy and bulky for bowhunting. I do like how it protects the binos but I can't get rid of the squeaky noise and it always gets in the way when I draw back.

I don't think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom