Bino help

Buckriser

Im looking at getting a new pair of binos. I currently have the Cabelas XT in 10X42. They have been great, but im looking to trade them in and take a step up. my price range is about $500 +/- . The binos im currently interested in are the Cabeals Alaskan Guides , Vortex Vipers, Meopta Meopro's. Because im trading them in and I have gift cards to Cabelas That is where I will be buying. Anyone with information and experience with these, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I was told when I purchased them, that if I keep my receipt and everything that came with them. box, straps, covers, etc... I could trade them in and pay the remaining balance towards a new pair. Of course the trade in must be a Cabelas brand. (I just called them and they verified it for me.)

Go with the vortex you cant beat the lifetime no fault warenty and there sweet binos. Look into a pair of zen ray if cabelas carries them there pretty damn good for the price.

Thats cool if cabelas will let you use them for a while, then give you a credit towards another pair. I dont see how they make money doing that though. You will have to let us know how it goes. Good luck with your future purchase.

If it must be the Cabelas brand, the Cabelas Euro (Meopta) is a no brainer. If it can be anything Cabelas carries the Leupold Gold Ring HD binos are world class.

I have done it a couple of times now. I first had the XT's like you took them in and got the Alaskan Guides. Then I took them back and got the Euro's (Meopta Meostars same glass and company different look) I loved the Euro's. Then recently I took the Euro's back and traded them in for the Swarovisions. I would say go for the Euro's or the Vipers if they have them. I was just there and wanted to look through the Vipers, but they don't have any there. I found them on the website, but that does me no good if I want to see before I buy.

I was able to get full price for most of the binos that I turned in, but there was a pair that they did a pro rate on and didn't get full price. That's the main reason that I bought all of my Bino's from Cabelas because they told me the same thing. If I ever wanted to upgrade I could just bring them in and move up a pair.

I don't know if they loose money on them or not, but if they do I would imagine they wouldn't be doing it still.

>If it must be the Cabelas
>brand, the Cabelas Euro (Meopta)
>is a no brainer.
>If it can be anything
>Cabelas carries the Leupold Gold
>Ring HD binos are world
>class.

Yes you can upgrade to any line they sell. It doesn't have to be a Cabela's brand. At least if it is they didn't enforce it with me.

I was told the same thing, and thats why I purchased the Cabelas XT brand. If I understand it right, the pair I trade-in must be a Cabelas brand, but the pair I purchase can be any brand they sell. Once you move away from their brand you can no longer upgrade? I beleive? I like the Euros alot...I'll just save a little more maybe? Are the Euros that much better than the Alaskans?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-10 AT 02:35PM (MST)[p]I think you are right about the Cabelas brand thing. I went through all the Cabelas ones they had almost and then went to the Swarovisions. I don't think I have to worry about upgrading anymore now.:)

I think the only thing I like better about the Alaskan guide was the weight. I think the glass and the focusing and eyecups were all better on the Euros. I think they got rid of the click stop on the focus of the Alaskan guides though so that might not be a factor anymore. I would say go and have them take you outside with both pairs and look through them for awhile. It's a lot of money to spend so might as well make sure you like the way they feel. I liked the wider FOV in the euros as well it was a lot easier to set behind them all day.

Oh and as if the Euro's are better than the Vipers IDK because I have never looked through them. From all the reviews I have read they seem like they are just as good and have a better warrenty than the Euro's as well. I am pretty sure if you wanted to get them they will give you a gift card for your XT's and then you could have them shipped to the store or just order them online. I have really been wanting to check out a pair of the vortex so that I can get the wife a pair. Which would also be a backup pair for me.

I like the glass on the euros better, but the warranty of Vortex is great. It has been a while since I checked but I don't think cabelas sales Vortex.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Well...I went in yesterday and talked with Cabelas about upgrading. Unfortunately they no longer allow people to upgrade their binos. They have changed alot of their warranties as well. Basically it sucks now, or should I say more along the lines with lower costing Mfr binos. They'll fix/replace them under Mfr defects, but thats about it. Fortunately for me I had talked with a gentleman there about two weeks ago, and he told me they would let me upgrade this once.

I had three employees question and try to not let me upgrade, but was still able to. Long story short, I went with the Vortex Vipers.(I had to order them) A huge part was because of their warranty and quality. I imagine their private line binos will not sell to well. This was just my experience, other may have better luck? I hope I like the Vipers?

Man that's good to know. I am glad I got the best I could before they changed it. I don't think I will be upgrading the Swaros. You will have to let us know what you think of the Viper? When do you get them.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-11 AT 02:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-11 AT 02:46?PM (MST)

Well..........long story short, I wasnt able to get the Vipers. Cabelas has discontinued them. The website shows them available but when you try and get them, they tell me they've been discontinued. I now have the Cabelas Alaskan Guides. They seem to be pretty good. We'll see?? Not a very happy shopper though!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom