bino questions

cornfed

Are the vortex what some say they are?Are the 10x42 razors worth the extra 2oo dollars over the vipers?Or should a guy step up to the cabelas euros?I'm already stretching my wallet to think about getting these so please don't confuse me more and bring up more expensive optics.Thanks for your input.

I personally cannot give you a really exact answer, but I did look through the Vortex Razors after looking through several other binoculars at another store, so I can't give you an honest side by side comparison. What I can say is I believe that the Nikon Monarch's are as good as glass as any binocular until you get to the $1000 mark in binoculars. So if budget is crucial I don't think you can go wrong with the Monarch's with the price difference. The Vortex were impressive and how can you beat the warranty.

I have the monarchs and the euros and there is no comparison.The monarchs are ok for the money,but there is alot better glass for less than $1000. the vortex,euros,steiner and many others are much better glass.Last week I found the Nikon Premier lx for sale for around 700. A great price IMHO. These retailed for 1200+ until the new edge came out.Personally I would go with the euros or razors.

Bgmhiker

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-08 AT 06:48AM (MST)[p]The Euros are the closest I have seen to the Swar,Zeiss and Leica glasses in field of view and comfort of view.

The discontinued Nikon premiere LXL is also awesome. Cameraland has some good prices on this glass.

THe Bushnell Elite, Minox HG and Pentax DCF ED are no slouches either but to my eye the Meopta Meostar B1 (cabelas euro) is just slightly brighter and has a better FOV than any of these glasses. I personally would rate the Viper and Razor down a notch from the Elite,HG and DCF ED.

The Meopta is also built like a tank and you cant go wrong with Cabelas warranty.

As far as the Razor and Viper go-no I would not spend the extra $ and get the razor. I would assume Vortex will be upgrading the Razor soon. To my eyes there is little difference between the Razor and viper. also, the Viper is a newer offering and probibly has the newest technology anyway that Vortex has to offer.

I would go with either the Euros or the discontinued Nikon's both good glass for the money. Cabelas is easy to deal with and sometimes have good coupons if you make a big purchase.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom