BiPod attachments- Y/N?

huntinguy

Hey guys, how many of you use bi pods attached to your rifles? If so, why? If not, why? Any particular brand better, why? Swivel y/n, why?

Been thinking about getting one but didn't know if its worth the extra expense. Right now I have a separate set of shooting sticks.

Thanks for any input.

It's my personal preference to pack around a tripod. I found an attachment for it "V Yoke" and I think it's about as solid of a rest as you can have. I can adjust it from sitting to standing. It swivels and locks in place very easily. If I'm hunting coyotes I don't leave home without it.
coyote1-13c.jpg

Yes and No.

Depends on my hunting style. If I know I will be sitting in one spot for game then yes...

If it involves a lot of hiking Then NO. Don't like the extra weight.

If it involves elk hunting with horses NO. Cant fit the gun in the scabord.

Nope. Never use one. Don't need the clunky thing on my rifle. Don't need the extra weight. Shooting sticks and my pack have worked great for a long time. mtmuley

I try to use my pack if at all possible, but if I can't, I use the Snipe Pod. Google it. Super light weight. I don't like the bulky bipods myself. Snipe Pod gets my vote.

Snipe Pod here. Light enough to always carry and quick connects fast.
I have also used my spotting scope tripod when I was set up for a while.

I use a Harris bipod and it works great for most of the hunting that I do. I've never taken it on a backcountry style hunt so the extra weight has never bothered me. The taller model is perfect for sitting position and even works for kneeling shots if it's not uphill. Only downside is that it does no good in thicker stuff where a standing shot may be your only option.

26712011_01.jpg

Yes, I guess I'm addicted to the damn things. I've tried a snipe pod adn hated it. Back to the harris. Even if i'm backpacking I carry it in my pack. It gives me confidence i guess. I dont always use it to take the shot, but if the option is there I'll always shoot prone bipoded up.

Personally just depends where and how i will be hunting. I have a Harris bipod.works great. Usually I just use my pack.

Goat

Shooting sticks help but they are nothing compared to the Harris bipod. Read about the Harris on the official website--the springs in particular play a unique role in vibration control. The weight is the down side. The long range stability and accuracy is the upside. Get the AC version. It pivots a bit for uneven terrain. In my opinion Harris is second only to a bench rest. Ill also give a nod to shooting off a pack--however, the Harris is more versatile and quicker to deploy.

I got my hands on a new system that is just coming out. For those that hunt the high country and are always trying to figure out the best uphill/downhill shot this might be the answer.

highandheavyoutfitters.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom