Birders?

K

kidneystone

I'm curiois now, if there are any other bird enthusiasts out there. What got you interested? I seem to have been born with an innate love for them. I ended up being able to make a little money in college guiding birding tours and doing avian surveys for Idaho F & G and Nat. Fish & Wildlife Service. Now, I'm dabbling in consulting land owners on how to attract and enjoy birds on their property, when time permits.

Amazing,

Didn't think there were too many people out there who were avid birders and hunters. I actually guided two guys this year in UT who are both. Infact one owns and operates a wild bird center. I still do bird tours and surveys where I can and a bunch of work on private lands.

Todd

I like to look at em and shoot em.....well the ones that are legal. I grew up next door to someone who cared for injured birds of all varieties. My grandfather had a wild bird aviary which was always a cool place to spend an afternoon.. When we moved to the country I had pet doves, peacocks, ducks of all makes and models, magpies, hawks and many kinds of exotic pheasants.

Im kind of the same way. I like to watch, whack, and eat em. Its always cool to see some you have never seen before. I raised a quail from an egg from one of those kits they advertise in the back of the outdoor mags. Kind of fun. Named the only one that hatched "Dan". He lived a very short but happy life...I waited too long to snip the wing feathers, and he became road pizza one afternoon as I was out watching him graze on ants...sniff..

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-03 AT 03:02PM (MST)[p]What got me interested was having a feeder in the back yard as a kid, and having fun identifying them as the different types came in during the course of the year.

You guys are true Outdoorsmen. I've watched them for years up hunting and shed hunting. Like DeerKing, I watch'em and shoot'em; the legal ones. When I was in scouts our leader took us into Deseret Land and Livestock, he was a Biologist for them. We went up a few years in a row to watch the Sage Grouse, that's what got me hooked. On lazy day's I'll sit in the den and watch the feeders.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom