Bison tag

nwhunter

Wondering what kind of a hunt the bison auction tag would be like. I have heard the better units aren't open to hunt in recent years..? Haven't researched it much yet but curious.. Any input? Thanks

Its not a canned hunt by any means, but doesn't mean it is the hardest either. It all depends on where they are and what the snow does.
If they are on huntable ground, it is pretty easy to get close and do what you need to do. Unless someone beats you to the punch. Once they are shot at, they head north of the Gros Ventre for safety.
If they are on the park, you are wasting your time. And if it was like last year, a lot of time was wasted.

Copy that.. So is everyone in the same area pretty much? Not really anything special for the auction tag holder just doesnt have to wait to draw the tag I guess...

I would think hard before booking with Tag n Drag, their retrieval service is great, some of the guides not so much.
No need for a guide for a bull hunt but the retrieval service is worth it unless you have horses.
The GW up there can tell you where the bison are, getting close is not the issue.
I would still get a NER slot to hunt just in case.

If you wait till the late push onto the refuge..which has been in January the past seasons. . Get ready for a pretty disgusting show. Its far from "hunting". The above mentioned company guides basically try to herd buffalo towards their paying clients. A friend of mine with a bull tag last year had bullets go over his head and was so disgusted with what he saw out there, he completely left and eventually harvested a young bull up north. But he was truly turned off by the whole experience from what he saw. . If you get the tag, hunting early north outside the park boundaries would be much more of a hunt than the late season sh** show.

Hunting the forest early in the year is a great hunt...Hunting late on the refuge not so much. I've been on several PM me if I can be of help.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom