Black Bear Deal??

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
Hey guys, I have a question.

I found a GREAT deal on a spring Black Bear Hunt in AK. It is in the Copper River area and it is Baited hunt. They do not kill huge bears but there are some color phase bears in the area. Most bears are running in the 6' range.

It is a 4 day hunt and Food and Lodging is included. We stay right on the river, so when we are not hunting we can fish as much as we want to. The cost is $1500 for one bear and all the fish. You can shoot up to 2 more Bears for a $500 per bear trophy fee.

I figure $1500 for a 4 day Bear hunt in AK with Fishing is a pretty good deal!!! I am really thinking about doing this and heading out middle of June to kill my first Black Bear.

Do you think this is a good idea?? Would you go???

Do the hunt, it sounds like a great deal. You will regret it if you don't go.

I never had a desire to hunt a bear. my friend finally talked me into going and I had a great time. Most likely, I am heading to Idaho next month to go again.

Sounds like a good deal FLEH!
Send me the dates you'll be gone & I'll take care of things while you're gone }> }> }>

That's pretty cheap. I'd look into it, but be suscpicious. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Nothing worse than getting cheated out of $1500 bucks that you could have added to another grand and actually got what you were paying for.

Not trying to be negative, but I've been burned before by "Great Deals".

I think the River is the Klutina.

I am suspicious a little bit. But I have sent some emails out to some of the references and they are coming back with good reviews. For this price I could go and kill two bears for what it would cost to kill one in other areas.

I actually need to find one more guy at least to go, as the price is only good if you bring at least two and he can take 4 at a time. Anyone want to go.

Hey B-Bop....I will make sure to let you know....the lawn for sure needs to be mowed this summer while I am traveling! :)

The Klutina is an AWESOME river fish when the Reds and the Kings are in there in July-august. It is a glacial fed river with an ice blue color. It feeds into the Copper wich looks like flowing chocolate milk. The nearest town is Glen Allen.
Good luck!
kth

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom