Black bear Regs up for discussion...

elks96

Long Time Member
Not much to see yet. They are changing the number of containers available to a bait location, but not the total square footage... They are considering increasing quotas in areas hit by winter kill, but since they do not have the last 3 years data they are waiting to make adjustments... Hopefully they will increase the quotas in most areas. The area we hunt we saw more bears than normal. 8 this last season. Unfortunately all were during the archery season and we were not able to connect.

http://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefind...nuary Regulations/CH-3-Draft-09-22-2023-3.pdf

Last edited:
Montana and Idaho are close by and tags are cheap and OTC.
I think montana only residents can hound hunt for bears I don't know much about idaho but I think the good tags to hound hunt are a draw I've been to Utah with my dogs that was pretty fun

Last edited:
We do not have hound hunting for bear in Wyoming.
Sorry I thought we did. I saw a guy running hounds on bear… Can they run bears and not hunt? Because I saw dogs running a bear last year? Maybe it was the state trapper.

Good to know I was wrong.

But I agree using hounds for bear would be a good thing to allow!!!

Sorry I thought we did. I saw a guy running hounds on bear… Can they run bears and not hunt? Because I saw dogs running a bear last year? Maybe it was the state trapper.

Good to know I was wrong.

But I agree using hounds for bear would be a good thing to allow!!!
Govt trappers can no one else is allowed to

Doesn't really bother me if bear hunting with hounds was legal here there would be allot more lion hunters too

Haha. Not if you want to decrease the bear population. Shooting a doe is the best way to mange the population….
In theory yes, but when the quota is 10 females and you want to kill more bears, but still hamstringed by a quota dependent on females, quess what? You kill less bears in the end.

I wish they would move the archery dates that make sense.

Anyways, I’m the end, if you’re still bound by a quota, the season will still end in short order as guys have to shoot “a bear”

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom