Black Bear Sighting

Comules

Yesterday I was driving from Gunnison to Powderhorn at daylight and looking down the road I saw what I thought was a black angus cow running along a snow fence next to the road about 100 yds further up the road was a doe and fawn between the road and snow fence I slowed down and to my surprise it turned out it was not a cow but about a 400 lbs black bear just hauling a$$ down the fence towards the deer when I got along side of him I slowed down and he didn't even slow down just just jumped on the snow fence and climbed over it the deer ran across the highway to the other side and jumped the fence on that side and ran off out in the field.
Wish I could of gotten a video of this of all my years living in Colorado I have never seen a black bear that close to a highway
I think he was out looking for a snack before hibernation , if they are trying to take down fawns that are several months old what does that say about the survival of new born elk calf?s and fawns and moose calf?s. And the CPW can't figure this out BS they are supposed to manage our wildlife.
The CPW knows this is going on but just sits on their a$$ their answer is $100.00 bear tags for nonresidents BS don't address the problem just make more money off the problem
It's time we the sportsman put pressure on them to go back to being able to bait bears in the spring and hunt them with dogs. Maybe also get the cities that are now having major bear problems onboard also. This bear hunting change started years ago by pressure from a anti hunting group in Boulder and the CPW caved to the pressure of the group even though sportsman were outraged over it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-19 AT 11:44AM (MST)[p]Everywhere we went we were running into big, fresh bear sign. A lot more bear sign than deer sign. Have you found a buck to kill yet? Good luck this afternoon!

I drove from Gunnison to Powderhorn everyday this past week scouting and hunting also. Didn't see a bear but there was a certain spot on 149 with a group of trees next to the left side of road going south that I almost took a herd of deer out every time I went by. Seemed like the deer like to play in the street!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-19
>AT 11:44?AM (MST)

>
>Everywhere we went we were
>running into big, fresh bear
>sign. A lot more bear
>sign than deer sign. Have
>you found a buck to
>kill yet? Good luck this
>afternoon!

I have not, I have passed on quite a few bucks it was very slow until Friday and picked up a little Saturday but the weather has not helped this hunt at all. I set my standards pretty high and was not going to shoot a buck that was smaller than I have already killed so it would have to be over 30 inches I'm hunting alone so that also factors into the equation.

Yes and I drove from Powderhorn to Blue Mesa at 50 mph pulling my trailer with my atv on it seems like after you climb up out of the canyon from Powderhorn and up on top it's a potential road kill zone. Two nights deer standing in the middle of the road then you would see deer ears peeking up from the side of the road. It would really be the Sh*** to total your truck, trailer and atv all at once in the middle of a hunt. Not worth it to me Ford f350?s with the 7.3 PS are not easy to find anymore. People would haul a$$ by you like you are standing still but then again I guess I drove that way when I was younger but age and now being retired has changed the way I do things

I know that video didn't have much to do with your sighting.....but it made me think of it

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Saw a big boar the last day of archery elk this year not far from Silverthorne. It wasn?t half a mile from a road either. Saw lots of fresh bear sign this year.

>Coyotes, wolves, and grizzlies make me
>sick!! Eliminate them. MHO!
> PC

I would add Black Bears to that list also

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom