Black Hills

H

huntinbum

I was just wondering if anyone has heard how the hunting has been this year around Sundance. I'm heading up there the week of Thanksgiving and would like to hear some good news. Thanks.

I was up there before the big snow storm. I saw a lot of does and a couple small bucks. Since then I haven't been up there, but have heard from a few guys that a lot of the deer have moved down low onto private ground due to the heavy snow. I'm planning on heading up there over the weekend (if I'm able to get up there). As of last weekend about the only way around was a snowmobile. I have all next week off to try to hunt up there, so I can let you more then.

Thanks for the reply Wyo_Horn_Hntr. I had heard that there was allot of snow around Cook Lake. Good luck with your hunt and keep me posted please. Thanks again!

Hey cmiddleton

Did you have a chance to hunt elk or did you spend all day getting unstuck? If you did hunt, did you see any? My step dad drew a tag this year and has gone a few times, but hasn't seen any elk on the hoof just sign. Did you see many deer?

We hunted last week and it was tough. Rain, Snow, High winds, crusted snow and the full moon made for bedded deer and tough to get up on. The rut was not active but seemed to pick up on Sat. We saw a few bucks but they were a ridge or two back from the roads and bedded. We ended up shooting two deer a 3/4 and 4/4 pretty fair bucks on Sat. We did not see any elk but some fresh sign up on cement ridge. We hunted the north zone of the hills on tues. and wed. and saw many hunters and only a couple of bucks. We hunted around cook lake on thurs. and saw not many deer. We hunted the south zone on Sat. and saw the two bucks we shot and a couple of other bucks, one real nice but there were also alot of hunters. Snow went fast on Sat. and it varied in depth from 1 foot to nothing depending on elevation and which slope you were on. Good luck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom