blackhorn 209 hang fire miss fire

casper31

Ok i have been shooting the blackhorn 209 powder out of a cva accura and have seen some hang fires and 1 missfire. Im using the cci magnum 209 primers everyone recommends,so what am i not doing thats not right? i Have used powder charges from 90 to 110 grains. Do you guys drill out the breech plug mabey to allow more flash?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-10 AT 06:05AM (MST)[p]Do you understand what he is talking about using the #32 drill bit? I am not sure exactly what size that is because I have always referred to them in either inches or metric. My Omega uses a 1/8" bit. You can figure it out by grabbing your bit set and trying progressively larger bits until you get one that just fits into the primer side of the breechplug. Do this with the breechplug removed.

There is a lot of carbon buildup that forms in the rear primer pocket that hardens and narrows the flame channel. You have to use the drillbit to clean out the channel after each shooting session. I don't use a drill, just the drillbit. I grab the bit with a pair of pliers and insert the breechplug over the bit on the primer side. Then turn the breechplug while pushing and you will be shocked at how hard this buildup is, how much crud comes out, and how far up the primer pocket the bit goes.

One of these days, I am going to do what a lot of people have done and glue the bit into a wooden dowel to use for a handle to hold the bit. Makes it easier.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

So anybody know what size flash hole the cva accuras come with,it looks like im looking for the 0.35.

So if i drill to .35 what happens if i want to shoot say 777 pellets?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom