Blackhorn 209?

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
I was looking in the regulations for legal weapons in muzzleloader seasons. It says black powder substitutes such as 777 and Pyrodex are legal. It says nothing about Blackhorn 209. I would cosider it a substitute, but does NDOW?

Call them and ask for the head of law enforcement. Get his name and put down the time you talked to him. If he says yes, carry that with your license just in case you ever get checked and the warden isn't sure.

Not legal...they sent out a letter to all muzzleloader tag holders in 2011 to inform all they didn't recognize it as a legal powder.

Sent a e-mail to blackhorn a few weeks ago, there response was they are working on making it legal, but might not be this year.

Just got off the phone with A Blackhorn tech and it is legal in Nevada now.

>Just got off the phone with
>A Blackhorn tech and it
>is legal in Nevada now.
>

Wouldn't trust it unless I heard it directly from NDOW.

It's legal. Take a look at the NV Wildlife Commission meeting minutes from September of 2013, your backup is in there. The minutes are available online.

Correction on that last email. It looks like in Sept. of 2013 someone submitted a petition to revise the statutes to allow BH209. In subsequent meetings the petition was pulled but the commission requested that the statutes be revised. From my discussions with NDOW BH209 now appears to be legal and a non-issue, which it should have been the entire time.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom