Blacktail Bonanza! (pics)

berto

Very Active Member
Manny asked me to post these photos and this story for him.

Beautiful bucks, way to go! Hunting with the family always makes for a great time.

berto

[image]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/berto/mannyssonsbucks.jpg[image]

We spent the last five days of the season chasing a monster blacktail (between 24" to 26" wide!!!), but my youngest son took a 19 - 1/2 "- 4 point by mistake, he thought it was the wide buck.

We had just watched the big buck bed down in a saddle about 600 yards away, and decided to come up from the back side of the hill. I told my son to veer left a little as I went to the right. We hadn't gone 50 yards when I herd my son fire off two shots.

I heard my son say he's down! Well, I was excited to think my son just took the big buck, but I was confused about how he saw the buck so soon, when the buck was on a saddle about 100 yards farther away. Just as I took the shell out of the chamber of my 7 mm mag, I heard my son say oops, he's not the wide one but he's the best buck I've ever taken!

That was Saturday afternoon, it took us 4 hours to get the buck out of that draw. We tried again on Sunday, the last day of the season, but never saw the bruiser again. We had a little competition in the area from some MM.com fans who made me promise not to say where this all took place. They also took some decent bucks.

I didn't fill my tag, but we passed up about 6 shooters. I feel content to have spent this hunting season with my two boys. They are becoming men and starting their own lives, but they still wanted to spend this hunting season with the old man.

manny

Congrats on the deer, sounds like your season ended up being a good one! Thanks for the story and pictures. B_B

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom