Blackwater Guards

C

ClorideRUS

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-08 AT 06:35PM (MST)[p]What do you all make of this???? Just wondering.

Blackwater guards surrender over massacre

Guards from the private security firm Blackwater accused over the massacre of civilians in Baghdad last year surrendered to the authorities today to face trial.

The five men, who face a variety of charges including manslaughter in relation to the killing of 17 people, gave themselves up following prolonged legal action with their lawyers claiming that it was a "politically motivated prosecution".

The guards, however, gave themselves up in Utah, their home state, and want the case tried at Salt Lake City where, their legal teams hold, they can find a generally conservative poll of jurors supportive of the Iraq war. The prosecution had been demanding that the surrender takes place in Washington where trials for alleged crimes abroad are normally tried and will ask a Federal judge to ensure the trial takes place in the US capital.

RUS

If they're guilty of what the prosicutor claims they are they need to fry, murder is murder even if it's a carpet pilot.

This is a political move to give the Iraqi goverment something to show the people that we can be held accountable since they're allowing us to stay . if they are guilty I wish they'd send them back to Iraq, but they better not use them for a political peace offering if they're innocent.

If GWB was an honorable man at all, he would pardon them all now. He is the one that allowed the military to become so political that a "contractor" was needed to do the dirty work in a war zone.......as much as I dislike the new liberal administration, they can't be much worse.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB

Jeezus Mosnar what a plick! I'm trying to be all serious here! You need to quit thinking about Brenda.

RUS

I don't think our country should hire mercenaries. In the fog of war lines get blurred. Hired guns should be held accountable to a greater degree than the Citizen Soldier.

Beanman

Agree with dude on this.

Mercenaries are hired for dirty work. Kind of like an independent contractor. Less liabilities for the Employer.
Does not relieve you of all liabilities though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom