Blades

Ed

My son and I love fishing Alamo and we frequently hear others talking about fishing with blades. Are blades the same thing as spinnerbaits? Anyone? We are heading over on Sunday morning.
Thanks,
Ed

Yes blades are spinnerbaits.. Fished the FF Tournaments last week and did well with blades. White or chart. Dont forget to flip in the river with brush hogs... Good luck, and post a report when you get back..

We fished Alamo from Monday thru Wednesday.

We caught five fish on Monday evening just before dark, then I took out a friend and his son out on Tuesday morning and they caught 16 while I caught 1!

They caught them on everything from white spinnerbaits (yeah they're called blades too!) to shad colored jerkbaits. They even caught a few on minnows they were dragging around.

Tuesday afternoon the wind came up and we never caught another fish. We left Wednesday afternoon.

One of my friends just got back from Alamo a little while ago. He said they caught half dozen fish on Thursday at sundown on Senkos, and today he got one bite on a spinnerbait, while his son caught four on Senkos.

They said the fishing is looking to improve this weekend as the winds die down.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I will let you know how we do. We were up about three weeks ago fishing mainly for crappie and did quite well. We caught around 20 or so trolling 1/16 oz jigheads with green rubber minnows. We caught quite a few bass on the same jigs. I'm just not real familiar with what to use when fishing strictly for bass. Either way, he's 12 so we will fish for whatever is biting....
Ed

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom