blank check

patea

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-17 AT 09:22PM (MST)[p]im a farmer with no money from louisiana who was at cotton gin meeting today when another farmer ask the man who runs the gin how much would he spend if he had a blank check for repairs to the gin well i was daydreaming about bugling bulls as usual and the question started me thinking where would i hunt elk if i had a blank check every year for the rest of my elk hunting life. what do y'all think, governors tag maybe, top utah auction tags, i don't know cause i never had money so i never thought about it. what are the top places to hunt big bulls ? where would u guys go? OH yeah i forgot to add from reading all the post about elk assassins points i know where he would go if he could

First carte blanche should go for some basic English lessons. I just got dizzy reading that.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>First carte blanche should go for
>some basic English lessons.
>I just got dizzy reading
>that.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LMAOF !!!!

I'd hunt someplace different each fall. So much different country to see and learn.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

If I had a blank check I would hunt DIY hunts. I wouldn't be apposed to buying tags or access to private property but there is so much good out there to do on public land. I would try to keep my family.... haha as I would be gone a lot. I would have a spread sheet going on dates each state offers. Oh ya I already have that, except I would delete the column that has the $'s in it :)

PS this isn't English writing class so don't let your writing keep you from posting. If that "was" the case "their" wouldn't be many post on here. Coming from a High School drop out.

Enjoyed your bunny trail.

DZ

Patea you ever get an itch to kill an elk let me know, we'll get it done on the cheap, you sound like my kinda people. Oh yeah, and it would definitely be Arizona or new Mexico if money was no object for me.

San Carlos Reservation

Anything else is an argument over 2nd place.

Where in Louisiana are you from? I was born and raised in Alexandria but moved to Colorado when I graduated college 20 something years ago. Besides my wife....best thing I've ever done in life.

If any of you need someone to help you spend your blank checks just let me know. I have a $1,500 budget this year and I am fairly optimistic. I just wish I had more annual leave time.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Just send that blank check to me....I have all the time in the world to hunt.....I'll fill in for everyone's dream hunt for the next 20 years...

I've got some unfinished business on the Dutton, I'd have a hell of a good time outbidding some of the high rollers at some banquets this year!

2a0fcsk.gif

Did we just go back in time, are we really back in grade school?

Is your life so pitiful and failing that you feel so bad about yourself you want to ridicule and embarrass another person in hope of making yourself feel better?

DW that's a cool offer you made!
That's what MM is all about not this non sense!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

If you want the biggest bulls you'd be going to the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. Also the white mountain Apache Indian reservation. Public land I believe would be a toss up between Utah and AZ.

If ya just want to come out and bow hunt elk---toss me a PM.

We can decide on Id, Ut, or Mont. as no draw is needed (well Mont is but they are like 100% draw)

NO 'blank check' needed!

Robb

After reading this, WHAT would happen if each member on here put in the kitty $5 toward a draw for one member to have a bucket list type hunt with a few thousand members it could be heck of a deal to see. I know I would be happy to donate my $5 for a chance.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-17 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]Gator You The Man! I was thinking the same thing the other day about something similar.
I'm in for a $100.
Now this is what this site is all about!

Your friend
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

I'd love to hunt Alaska every year. Moose, caribou, Mt. Goat, etc.

But......

California public land OTC blacktail hunt. Not because it's easy but because it's one of the hardest, most challenging hunts. It's all about the reward when successful. Money can't buy everything.

"money can't buy everything"

+1
and I'll add "you can't tell the quality of the hunter by the size of the antlers"

Zeke

Patea-
On the Elk forum you state you have hunted unit 15, 5 years in a row! Wish I had your kind of broke. LOL.

I like the idea of a whole bunch of people putting $5 in a fund (go fund me would be perfect). Then draw from a list, with the winner going on a hunt of his choice. Great idea! I would donate to this!

i drew 15 back to back between my dad drawing it first my uncle drawing it after me and my son drawing it after him in the youth season. i should have clarified that I've been to 15 five years in a row with family, i only hunted it twice but was there with my dad, uncle and son on their hunts. all diy hunts, i can't afford a guide, neither can my dad or uncle. but i think we might have set some kind of drawing record as the odds are extremely long

Yeah, record for sure. Those are looongg draw odds there. Good luck this year. What you may lack in funds you make up for in luck for sure.

If it was a blank check, for elk, I'd stick to my home state of Utah and hunt a different Limited Entry unit every year, buying the tag and surpassing all the little people who have to wait their turn. After hunting the best 8 units here, I'd start to expand out to other states. Then I'd feel like I was hunting on the cheap again...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

IMO (1911, that is short for In my opinion)It would not so much matter where I went, but whom I went with. There is nothing better that a nice 8-10 day wilderness hunt with a good hunting buddy. Hunting is as close to nirvana as you can get. When you are out in the wilds with a rifle or bow in your hand,looking over country that is wild and unspoiled by the hand of man. Where the water runs pure and the air is crisp and clear and the wildlife is unmolested. That to me is what the best hunting ground is. If a take a trophy or just a meat animal, in the end the fellowship and the stories spoken around a nice fire is what will be held the most fondly for many years to come. So any area that has that wilderness designation and where you can get miles away from the hordes that lurk around the roads is the place for me. Preference points be damned. Hunting is not about points, it is about getting back to where the cell phones and wifi don't reach. Just my opinion on the matter.

i didn't think about it till i posted old timers about my grandpa and then came back and read the replies here. he never got to go out west because of work and financial issues so i guess if i had a blank check and could go back i would take him every year to a decent unit for elk or deer. he hunted and fished every day he was off work. he died about the time i got old enough to go out west on my own.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom