Blaze During LE Elk Hunt??

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
It says in the Utah proc. that you must wear blaze orange during any 'centerfire' hunt.
My question is this; with all the bear hunt dates during the bow-elk dates and the bear hunts being rifle ect., legally do we need to be in blaze on our bow elk hunt if we hunt with in the boundary of a Bear hunt?? thanks

I would have to say no, as I looked through the bear proclamation and it was not a requirement that blaze orange be worn during this hunt.

Wierd deal, but I don't think I can bow elk hunt under the Bear proc. guidelines??? It specifically states blaze orange during any centerfire hunt in the Bulls-Bucks....proc. I was wondering mainly if someone had been checked by a game warden and gotten the official word....... I want to bow elk while I hunt on my bear tag but I don't want a ticket for not wearing blaze because of a centerfire hunt......... Maybe I should just call the SLC office and find out first hand..... now I wish I wouldn't have even thought about it!!

A bunch of years ago when they first started the elk muzzleloader hunts, a friend drew a permit up in the Flaming Gorge area. The night before the hunt, an officer came by our camp and stopped to talk. He asked us what we were hunting and if we had our blaze orange to wear while hunting. We told him we were hunting with a muzzleloader and he told us it didn't matter as there was a centerfire moose hunt starting the following day also. We told him we didn't have any and he said if he caught us without it, he would write us a ticket. We ended up driving back to Vernal to find some orange, and at 11:00 pm there isn't a lot open in that city. We finally found 2 little vests at a convenience store, and they must have been aware of what was going on because they had jacked the price up a lot. We were pretty pi$$ed but not much we could do about it.
I think it would all depend on the warden and how bad his day was going whether you would get cited or not...
a*r

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom