Blaze orange question

sasquatch

I'm so damn pumped for my first WY hunt, I cant even explain it!! Quick question though...Can I wear a blaze camo hat or does it have to be full blaze orange? I can't find the specifics in the regs. Thanks in advance and good luck to all this year!! BTW, I'll be in 21 chasing lopers on 10/15...

I understand it as a blaze orange cap or vest doesn't say anything about camo blaze orange.

Best of luck to you on your first Wyoming hunt

Can I wear a blaze camo hat or does it have to be full blaze orange? I can't find the specifics in the regs.

Don't take a chance with the camo/blaze orange....WEAR the 100% Blaze Orange hat and be safe. Or take one of each and see if the F&G Warden sites you.

I will keep my eyes open for a camo/orange wearing hat guy when I am there the same time...good luck.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

i thought somewhere in the regs. it stated at least 40% of your body must be orange.....so a vest would cover that.....

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-12 AT 06:29AM (MST)[p]I bought a blaze camo cap from the WGF that states it fulfills the Wyoming hunter orange requirement. Checked in four antelope the last two years and the WOs said that was fine.

We'll be in 24 on the 6th to try for some more.

The regs are somewhat clear on this. You must wear at least ONE exterior garment (hat,shirt,jacket,coat,vest or sweater) that is visible and fluorescent orange in color. The regs specifically state that fluorescent orange camouflage is legal. There is no percentage or inches requirement. I used to wear only a blaze orange bandanna around my neck. I was checked a few times with the bandanna and nothing was ever said. 2-3 years ago, a warden told me that it wasn't enough. I told him it was a vest. He said it wasn't a vest and I inquired as to where in the regs the word "vest" was defined. He was stumped by the question. I know of one young guy who has an old blaze orange ballcap pop riveted to the back of his pack. Do what you think is best and wear at least one of the garments in the regs. Remember, the regs don't say "pants".
mh

Yea you can wear blaze camo. Btw save a couple for my son and I. We will be there a little later. Post up how ya do. You will have a great time

Thanks for all the input folks! Kilowat - I'll be the 6'6'' 300 lb blaze camo hat goofball chugging across the prarie/driving a white Toyota tundra. Come say high if you spot me! I hope to be posting some goat pictures here real soon. Good luck to all in your hunts!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-12 AT 10:06PM (MST)[p]sasquatch,
Just talked with the ranch owner where we are going this year just to the north of Casper and he said it is DRY and has to haul water in for his cattle. Looks like it could be a tough year to hunt Lopes but we will see in a few weeks.

I will copy your info down and keep an eye or two open for your vehicle. We will be in a 2000 Gray Ford F-350 Chew Cab w/ 10,000 runnings lights...LOL Not really that many but enough so no one can't miss seeing it in the dark.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-12
>AT 06:29?AM (MST)

>
>I bought a blaze camo cap
>from the WGF that states
>it fulfills the Wyoming hunter
>orange requirement. Checked in four
>antelope the last two years
>and the WOs said that
>was fine.
>
>We'll be in 24 on the
>6th to try for some
>more.
Hey BB I'll be in 24 on the 6th. South end of T-Seven Rd, Silver/Tan Dodge Quad Cab. We'll be staying in Wright. Maybe hook up and BS.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom