Blinds VS Treestands

desertbucks

Like to get opinion's on what is better for hunting coues whitetail in AZ. Tree stands or blinds?? Do blinds keep human scent in better? Is the scent lock clothing worth the money?

I think Scentloc is a joke and it's not worth the money so there are obviously different opinions. Google it and you'll find lots of info, even an article scientifically disproving the ability of charcoal to be reactivated in a normal household dryer. Basically, by the time you take the suit out and put it on, it is already saturated with scent. Unless you can heat it to several hundred degrees, you cannot reactivate it and it becomes no more useful than a standard hunting outfit. Bottom line, you are either downwind or you are not.

Back to your question... It depends on the setup. I like treestands as they don't get so hot, but the setup has to be right. You don't want one in a canyon bottom where your scent will be blowing into the deers' approach or where they will spot you at eye level as they are walking the hill down into the bottom. Blinds make sense where there are no trees or in a bottom. They are also warmer in the Winter. They do contain scent to a certain degree, but you still son't want to be upwind.

Good binos, spotting scope, and a rifle that is capable of taking one out at 500 yards. Leave your stand and blind at home.

I have really become a believer in the double bull blind. I shot my buck opening day and had many deer come in. This past weekend my son missed on two different bucks. There was wind but I never saw the bucks spook or act as if they could smell us. I didnt wear scentlock, just black under armor to blend in with the inside of the tent......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

bbgellerman, 500 yards is a long shot with a bow. I don't think anybody rifle hunts out of either.

I have tried both and have seen allot of deer but haven't killed one from either. I have had the most success with just walking slowly and keeping my eyes open, stopping every 50 yard or so and sitting in high traffic areas and water seeps.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom