Blue vs ss barrel

milkie62

Is either barrel more accurate over the other.Looking for my next rifle to be a stainless or camo barrel since it will ride in a pickup alot ,get wet and may not get wiped down enough.Was leaning towards ss.Any input ? Thanks

If its going to be getting wet and not cleaned much...stainless. Both will rust, but the stainless one will take more abuse before it does.

Accurate? no difference, wet weather and abuse the stainless may have an edge. My biggest hang up on a stainless is the barrel flash I see from stainless barrled rifles accross a canyon. If I can see'm so can the game. If you go stainless try and get a non glare parkarized(Spelling) or matt finshed stainless type barrel if they are available.

))))------->

On a factory barrel it does not matter which way you go. The stainless will handle neglect better than the chrome moly barrel. You can get the stainless one Cerakoted and it will be as good as you can get for corrosion resistance. Now for the accuracy portion a factory gun has so many things that are assembly line that it is a crap shoot if you get a good one or a bad one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom