BOGAN SUCKS SWAROVSKI KICKS BUTT

U

UThunting

OK all I just want to vent a little I sent my Bogan tripod to bogan in Nov it had a clamp that was broke (pot metal) and just found out they want $57 to fix it and feel like they should have fixed it under warranty as I paid over $300 for the dam thing and those dam clamps they use are junk

But on the other side of things I also sent my Swarovski HD80 spotting scope to swarovski as the nitro filling leaked out (hell i Did not even know it had tell the guy at Sportsmans showed me ) Swarovski had to send it to Austria to fix it and when they sent it back there was no charge and they cleaned and buffed the lenses and replaced the green body armer that is on it also they replaced the 20X30 eye piece as it was a little tight to turn no charge for all of that and it only cost me $10 shipping WOW thats good customer care and I know some will say hell you payed crazy money for the scope and they should fix it and you are right but they didnt haffta do it that is the point and i would buy Swarovski products anyway without the Warranty as they are KICK BUTT

Anyway thanks for a place to vent I feel a little better now

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

for $12 bucks you could have purchased the little clamp (they have to ship from Italy) and put in on yourself. Not defending bogan, but I own 5 bogen tripods and the there two things that go wrong with them. they do need adjustments every so often, and they break and wear out if you use them a lot, so do swaro scopes apperntly.

I have a few spare clamps for back ups as I'v busted them before from carelessness and once I fell on top of the tripod and broke one. Big difference between a $2000 scope and an an aluminum tripod. Although you would think for a silly thing like a clamp they would have fixed it for free - kinda dumb on their part to NOT fix a cheap part. . .

Sorry to hear about your story. . .

Buy a Gitzo next time. . . They are the only tripod manufacturer that I know of that has a lifetime warrenty. . .

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-07 AT 01:38PM (MST)[p]Sorry all was venting at the time. But I do feel like even if the tripod is not $2000 at $300 it should have been fixed for free. The bone-heads need to make a new clamp out of somthing better, what that is I do not have a clue!!!! And that is not the only thing I dont have a clue about

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

P.S They knew that the scope leaked as I guess the HD model is prone to that problam

I own a Bogen and love it. While javelina hunting in February I fell and broke one of the clamps. I took the entire tripod into a local camera store and discussed the problem with them.
They ordered the new clamp which took 3-4 weeks to get in. They called me when it arrived and I again took my tripod into them and the counter clerk got out a wrench and screw driver and replaced the broken clamp in about 5 minutes.

I could have just as easily preformed the labor to replace mine, but since the counter clerk was doing it for free I let him.

I don't think you should be complaining about Bogen. I think you should be complaining about the shop owner making you pay the $50 in labor for a simple 5 minute job. He's the one ripping you off!!!

Clynt,

Good to hear you got your scope back:)

BTW Bogen makes Swarovski's noncarbon tripods.....;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom