bolt action question

A

AZbowhntr

I am left handed and have always shot lever action rifles until now. I am ordering a rifle this weekend and was wondering if any of you guys have shot a wrong handed gun and how hard is it to chamber another round into the chamber coming over the top to do it? The reason I ask is because the left handed rifle is $150 more. Since I have never shot a left handed bolt action I thought it might not be too bad to learn to chamber the right handed rifle. Thanks for any replies.

AZhunter, I am right handed but shoot mainly lefthand all of my rifles are right hand bolt and I have noticed that I can have faster follow up shotd using my right hand and keep the left hand to hold the gun to my shoulder I have talked to a lot of left handed shooters and they tell me the same

Thanks for the replies. I am buying the Lazzeroni/Savage Patriot and one of the shops has the right handed model in stock. But if I want the left handed model they are going to have to order it for $150 more. I tried the right one and if I keep my left hand on the gun and bolt another chamber with my right hand I can do it pretty fast. Just wondering if anyone out there does the same thing. I know it is a pain to buy left handed rifles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom